00200m.jpg

00260m.jpg
00300m.jpg

00340m.jpg
00390m.jpg

00450m.jpg
00480m.jpg

I find this time Marni's stucked on repeat. This doesn't excite me

I the love the opening and the closing portions of the collection. It seems much more refined and luxurious than usual. What I am less convinced by is the middle portion of the show with the matchy-matchy print looks. Its pretty monotonous to me and in a way in detracts from the overall message of the show.

The shoes and accessories are particularly good this season also. I'm really in love with those wooden heavy heeled shoes and those embellished suede shoes!

I really like it, but it sort of reminds me of a toned down Prada S/S 11. Maybe it's just the shoes?

Although the Marni aesthetic is far from a favourite for me, there's something so absolutely endearing about the way the pieces are presented. From the quirky prints to the unconventional cuts, the brand just oozes with effortlessness. What makes the brand even more charming is the fact that it started as a recreational project and quicly evolved into a serious player in high fashion. That's what I call credibility.

I can really live without this whole collection pretty much ... and those knit teardrops flopping around are disturbing, they remind me of a dairy cow :ninja: :innocent:

crazy for this, so so crazy! a bit safe, but i don't mind at all the green fur, oh my :wub:

I can't say I loved this collection as I have previous ones, most of the collection feels like it's almost aimed at an older audience/it's aimed more at them instead of hazing the boundaries of customer age like Marni usually does.

I agree and so much of Milan has been like this. I think the problem is the late 50's, early 60s based silhouette (literal or slightly oversized to varying degrees). It's just so dowdy.

And when combined with fussy embellishment like the beading here for instance, it's just too unreconstructed lady to feel modern or relevant.

At least this wasn't quite so bad as Aquilano e Rimondi yesterday where the models looked ridiculous in the overwrought gilded garb of their grandmothers who lunch. What the hell happened to 'ease'.

I mean I can understand that the over 50's market might have been a bit ignored for the last few seasons but if you're going to appeal to that sector why not cast older models. Putting young girls in straight-laced matronly attire without any element of deconstructive irony just looks silly.

All these sentiments are confirmed in the style.com video... and I am a bit sad that they choose a more controlled, safe and matchy-matchy aesthethic for this collection, but these are still beautiful clothes with great quality. But why ignore the tradition? The error is in the execution... Where's the kooky Marni girl? Did she grow up already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->