Marni F/W 11.12 Milan

Fatalefashion

Reaction score
2011-02-27-09-59-37-mg-3623.jpg
2011-02-27-09-59-59-mg-3630.jpg
2011-02-27-09-56-22-mg-3570.jpg

Nowfashion

Finally something that can excite me as much as Prada did. It's all so brilliantly gorgeous that I wanna scream with delight.

Essential Marni - beautiful prints and silhouettes plus this fantastic, nonchalant styling I always love. Amazing collection, I'm head over heels in love already. And the catwalk simply couldn't be better.

:heart:

That Coat! and that necklace! This looks perfect so far, very womanly and so very Marni. Can't wait for the rest

I also love the hair and make-up here

It's a lot more polished than her usual. I don't hate it but I prefer it when she turns up the quirk.

It's Conseulo's naughty midnight garden with luscious touch and yummy palette, can't stop taking eyes off these

It looks a lot more stylish than previous seasons. All very carefree yet refined.
I'm not loving it yet but this collection looks very interesting to examine.

Standard Marni collection: cuts, geometrical prints, and same great fabrics -- nothing new for them, but I am a Marni girl, so I'm quite loving it!

Finally, the styling is great again.

i take the opposite tack. the clothes here find themselves "marni" enough, but this presentation would've electrified the fashion press if she styled it the way the marni girl would. that is, mixing-not-matching. sure, the printed dress with the hulking fur may satisfy the clients of its uptown store, but it seems consuelo neglects a big part of marni's history by not staying true to the mixing that made marni such a cult hit in the first place.

I can't say I loved this collection as I have previous ones, most of the collection feels like it's almost aimed at an older audience/it's aimed more at them instead of hazing the boundaries of customer age like Marni usually does.
There are still some very interesting pieces, but not in the first fourteen looks. I'm extremely keen to see how that fur on the bottom of that coat in look fifteen has been treated.
Quite repetitive, definately not the best from Marni.

i take the opposite tack. the clothes here find themselves "marni" enough, but this presentation would've electrified the fashion press if she styled it the way the marni girl would. that is, mixing-not-matching. sure, the printed dress with the hulking fur may satisfy the clients of its uptown store, but it seems consuelo neglects a big part of marni's history by not staying true to the mixing that made marni such a cult hit in the first place.

Precisely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->