Marni S/S 2024 Paris

Unfortunately, that not the case. To quote a recent BoF article: Saying that, I don't see much of the runway collections in store (flagship or otherwise) other than the oversized knitwear and I don't see any it bags/shoes/accessories making waves either.

Unfortunately, most MSM fashion articles are all paid reviews, like the Gucci ones extolling it like "a wonderful palette cleanser " when in reality it was outlet mall clothes for teenage girls. In this case 'whimsical' or "free-spirited" are euphemisms for schizophrenic homeless bag lady fashion.

I just want to know who did Risso grapefruit on the Marni Board of Directors to land this job? No sane person would hire him unless he got something in return.

And i am kinda shocked how good Paloma looked for once on a runway.
Really good indeed.

Special kudos to Risso!

It's completely retro 1970s ish....but kinda updated with a different color scheme. 1970's was very cantaloupe orange...goldenrod yellow...and guacamole green. Plaid suits....knee high go go boots ...flare pants, etc. It kinda reminds me of Allesandro Michele collections for Gucci.

I was about to say; all they sell is that oversized knitwear. Bucket hats…

marni is huge with the fashionista rapper crowd from what ive seen on IG.

All MSM is paid for.

Unfortunately, that not the case. To quote a recent BoF article: Saying that, I don't see much of the runway collections in store (flagship or otherwise) other than the oversized knitwear and I don't see any it bags/shoes/accessories making waves either.

`Marni’s revenues jumped 29 percent in 2022. “I don’t work for pieces to be closed in a glass box in a museum,” he insisted. “I don’t care about that.” Marni chief executive officer Barbara Calò called Risso “a visionary, a dreamer who is passionate about conversation with clients.”

I find this hard to believe, who is buying this?

If you want similar (but nicer, lower priced points, you have Sunnei, ACNE, MSGM).

I have changed from loving Marni to really disliking it now.

I just want to know who did Risso grapefruit on the Marni Board of Directors to land this job? No sane person would hire him unless he got something in return

It's not a new story at this point but it's worth bringing up old memories sometimes:
Will I Get A Ticket? | Vestoj

I think this is what you call removing a pebble from your shoe.

My eyes...
wtf, Marni? This is offensively bad. This makes me bearish on the global economy-- nay, on humanity itself

^ Don't tell that designer about Christopher Kane's s/s 2012 show.

^ somehow I see the similarities above but not to Kane's S/S 2012 collection, that one was just appliqué, this sticker collage thing makes the whole piece. I don't know. It's a rip-off clearly, the usual 'no one will know cause he/she is a nobody' thing the assistant comes up with and everyone applauds. I've never worked in these places: are these people obliged to sign some type of liability form on original ideas so as to not compromise the label given these continual embarrassing episodes? seems a bit wild it just keeps happening. If I hired a bunch of people to design collections with tight deadlines, I'd make them swear on their own lives that, unless a source is provided, it is 200% their own idea and I want an explanation on how that idea came to be.. just so there are legal consequences given the public opinion/humiliation (not that Marni is not a joke these days but.. you get the drift).

Also watch for the 'oMg eVerYoNe cOpIeS eVeRyOnE! it's not a big deal, both are so ugly' in 4, 3, 2..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick1488
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->