Martin Grant

xopher215

Reaction score
One of the most difficult places to "get in" to the fashion fray, it's even more so to make a splash as this relatively young Aussie designer did with his Paris début. I think it's a focused collection, strong yet feminine but not divisive since he avoids girly and demure. Whatever opinion is... never let it be said that this guy doesn't wield a mean scissor. :blink:

:woot: xopher,:buzz: your idea on this collection is so right, and on the exact point, its amazing. I was there at martin's show and have some -I think much better- pictures to share with you, erhhhhh :innocent: when i have some time to edit the stills :blush: :ninja:

I must say, his work -which I saw unbearably close and in detail- was very well tailored, almost couture standards. I also loved the show "location" it was totally cosy and private, but the important American department stores were all there. He's a guy, I think -and hope- that we will hear more from sweet, hardworking Martin Grand in the near future.

Great talent spotting again :wink:
Thanks

Simply gorgeous! Beautifully cut, as you say. Technique will out!

what a great looking collections.. I too would wear many of those pieces!

thx for the pics Xopher :flower:

as promised, my very own takes from Martin's collection, here you can see some of the decor of the space where the show was held, loved the colours of the antique sofa 'environment' and the fresh bouquet of roses (I was sitting right opposite the vase & the mirror)

some more, love the volume of the black coat and the short ruffle skirt :flower:

Last one, with the beige overstiched coat of true couture standard and the very well tailored stiff satin mini dress :P

:woot: Those are so great, Lèna. Thanks! :flower:

That little ruffle skirt(/belt :lol: ) is most fetching indeed! :rolleyes:

:glare: The black coat (on Erin, right?) looks amazing in that close-up!

my pleasure Astrid.. (I know I should not post this BUT actually I do find my photos much better than the 'official' professional ones :blush: :lol: should I try my way in fashion photography? now I'm thinking of this as well ...)

I dont know the name of the model xopher, its the same girl at my first bunch of pictures, she was soooo adorable the very best model at Martin's show as for the very worst ...and the shortest one, take a good guess her name starts with an O. :evil:

Go for it. B) Your pictures are always clear and focus on the clothes, not the models or the backdrop. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->