Martin Grant

:blink: She's short?

(Just looked at another shot... nope, not Erin. :blush: )

:doh: O. is very very ugly and real short (for a model anyway) plus she always looks ultra pissed, bored and annoyed.

:huh: I wonder how she does get any jobs..:evil:
she was quite busy (with less known designers) last season

I'm seriously thinking about fashion photography.. but I'm too busy with all the rest of my projects.. we'll see , thanks for the support , even though my pictures are not so 'stabilised' (i love working withour flash, so this kind of :buzz: effect is inevitable)

Originally posted by Lena@May 4th, 2003 - 5:25 am
plus she always looks ultra pissed, bored and annoyed.
I agree, she often gives you "angry" on the runway. :argg:

Funny thing is... someone who sorta knows her from working with her (I think it was PattyW actually) said that in reality she's really very nice and sweet, very friendly. :angel:

Who knows? :rolleyes:

oh, I believe this xopher, she just don't show this a lot, maybe she thinks she's getting more impact out of looking pissed, but for me the moody models trend is so :rolleyes: outdated (to put this mildly)

models are much cooler when they seem like enjoyng their work, not nessesarily smiling, but 'pleasant' -even when detouched- is always more welcome (imo)

Beautiful collection - the finishing touches are so refined. Nothing unnessesary at all.

Lena - definately get into fashion photography.
I :heart: your pictures - they really give the atmosphere of being at the shows. Your details of the clothes are amazing - a designer's eye view.

:blush: thank you feline , I'm actually started thinking on my first :woot: fashion editorial (photos) :wink:

Good luck with that, Lena :heart:

May we see some of your photos on here?

Originally posted by Lena@May 4th, 2003 - 11:01 pm
:blush: thank you feline , I'm actually started thinking on my first :woot: fashion editorial (photos) :wink:
Ohw lucky Lena,I 'd love doing photographs :heart:

well, its not that a big deal with those digicams trean, and being an x-stylist sure helps my frames :wink:

:woot: seems like our darling Mr Grant is making headlines these days, plus he has a brand new shop to celebrate, have a look :wink: and see who's been wearing him :woot:

Paris May 16, 2003 - After a powerful fall collection presented in March garnered ecstatic reviews, Paris-based Australian designer Martin Grant is on a roll. So why is he closing his beautiful little store in an old hairdresser's space on Rue des Rosiers in the Marais, only to open another one a few blocks away in the back of a courtyard, shut away from the street?

"I've had the other shop for eight years," he explained, "and deciding it was time for a change, I wanted to find something else in the area." The new store, which also opens into an office, is described by the designer as a, "workspace/boutique/showroom/office environment." It's of the same spirit as the fourth floor studio-cum-showroom he had in his native Sydney early in his career.

"I wanted this place to be a more intimate environment with more of a salon feel, like an apartment," he says of the new premises, handily located in the same building as his actual design studio. "It's our windows on the world -- hidden in a courtyard!" he laughs.

.....It's this devotion that has won him such ardent fans as :woot: Lee Radziwill, Cate Blanchett and Meg Ryan.
Grant not only sells in his own store, but in the UK, Japan, Australia, and in the U.S. in Barneys, Neiman Marcus, Fred Segal and Takashimaya. The secluded Paris store is sort of a mini-flagship, a symbolic site, though Grant is quick to add that, "it's as much a selling space as a workspace."

Martin Grant, 44 Rue Vielle-du-Temple, 75004 Paris.

in the photos, Martin's new space :flower:

and here comes the rising star himself (he's much cute-r when you see him up close) :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->