Mary-Kate...the pop star?

cosmogrl5

Fashionably Late
Reaction score
This is from this week's In Touch Weekly. Given the source, I don't believe it, but thought I'd share:

Mary-Kate wants to become a pop princess

As a child star, Mary-Kate Olsen released a few albums with her twin sister, Ashley, but now she's secretly hoping to top the music charts on her own. According to an insider, Mary-Kate dreams of being a pop star and has been taking lessons to prepare for her 1st solo album. "Mary-Kate can carry a tune," her pal says.

The insider reveals that the 19-year-old is even writing some songs for her album. "She doesn't want to be a pop star like Britney Spears," her pal explains. "Mary-Kate want to be edgy."

Ugh, if it is true, spare me....

She thinks being 'edgy' means wearing ripped jeans :innocent:

No. Just because she looks like she sleeps on the street doesn't mean she can decide to be edgy.

People who 'decide' they want to move onto being a pop star shouldn't be allowed.

when did "being able to carry a tune" become the qualification mark for being a music star?!?!?!

I can remember having a mary kate and ashley video as a kid and it was this sing along one lol the shame of it *hides away in embaressment* =[

well i guess hillary duff, lyndsey lohan, nicole richie have all done it so now its mk's turn

tiamaria said:
I can remember having a mary kate and ashley video as a kid and it was this sing along one lol the shame of it *hides away in embaressment* =[

well i guess hillary duff, lyndsey lohan, nicole richie have all done it so now its mk's turn

:lol: I remember doing that too! "Brother for sale/ Only 50 cents/ Brother for sale/ It's not a big expense!" LOL.

cocomonkey4 said:
when did "being able to carry a tune" become the qualification mark for being a music star?!?!?!

I think around the time JLo started.:rolleyes:
It's quite sad....
but I am sure they'll sell her CDs at WalMart!:innocent:

this is so unfair to the people who can actually sing! *coughMEcough* If only I had a multimillion dollar empire...

cocomonkey4 said:

Maybe since "Madonna- the early years"?:innocent:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! i had a feeling this would happen sooner or latter

Completely untrue. :rolleyes: The Olsens have admitted before in interviews that they can't sing well.

I can't believe this! I hope its not true. Its going to ruin them. Why is everyone doing that now? Nicole Richie too! Ugh. Please, I hope its not true. Try as she might, it won't be a good album.

toria said:
Completely untrue. :rolleyes: The Olsens have admitted before in interviews that they can't sing well.

Yeah I've see them say that in interviews too

Oh man, I don't wanna listen to one more wannabe popsinger - Just like Paris Hilton.

cosmogrl5 said:
This is from this week's In Touch Weekly. Given the source, I don't believe it, but thought I'd share:

Mary-Kate wants to become a pop princess

As a child star, Mary-Kate Olsen released a few albums with her twin sister, Ashley, but now she's secretly hoping to top the music charts on her own. According to an insider, Mary-Kate dreams of being a pop star and has been taking lessons to prepare for her 1st solo album. "Mary-Kate can carry a tune," her pal says.

The insider reveals that the 19-year-old is even writing some songs for her album. "She doesn't want to be a pop star like Britney Spears," her pal explains. "Mary-Kate want to be edgy."

I dont know about her singing. I think she might be a mix between Paris Hilton and Ashlee Simpson.:blink: Yea I know aint that a thought.:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->