Mary Katrantzou S/S 11 London

i have to thank anna dello russo for bringing this designer to my attention. i haven't seen anyone present a collection that has so much serious fashion with such a pronounced sense of the whimsical.

I would love to know where she gets her fabric printed. They are so rich and saturated!

mary katrantzou is fantastic, check out some of her previous collections
TO DIE FOR!
I've been a huge fan since her first show!

Mary is such a talent.

Last season's venture into blurriness of print was good but I'm pleased to see her return to three dimensional forms flattened as per the perfume bottle collection. This time the more panoramic vistas are pleasing.

The play on the everyday, domestic object written into a garment was something picked up by Balenciaga last season. I don't say that Ghesquiere necessarily borrowed ideas from Mary but that those lines of influence might have occured tells us how good Mary is.

One of the best collections thus far. No one is doing what she is; they're trying, maybe, but certainly not executing it the way she is. Innovative, well executed, but still incredibly chic.

I really like the prints, but I just don't know how many people would want to wear the (uncomfortable-looking) clothes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe how much my views on this collection have changed. I guess some things just need to marinate to truly understand them :blush:

like mike- i heard about her via one of adr's streetstyle pics or interviews...

and like zazie...
i just cannot like this ...

i can only imagine this on katy perry or nicki minaj...maybe rihanna...
all of whom dress like the top of a cake...
:rolleyes:...

so yeah---
i get why it's fun...
but it's not clever or smart

kinda like those girls...
:P...:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor