No mascara

newprincesita

Reaction score
I love mascara, liner and all eye makeup.

But I think sometimes I look better without mascara, I curl my lashes, I put some mascara and I think I looked better before than afterwards. I apply it correctly, there´s no mistake, I just think I kinda look silly with it.

I mean a basic-basic face, like a dab of concealer, some powder and a lip balm looks a lot (to me) better WITHOUT mascara.

Maybe it´s just something in my mind, but don´t you think that sometimes you looked better before the mascara than afterwards?

What do you think?

yeah I agree. most of the time I just rub a bit of vaseline on my lashes after I curl them. I mean yes, mascara can look Amazing, but no mascara can look amazing also.

no, but I think that has to do with the fact that my lashes are quiet light in color and without mascara they become rather invisible.

You didn't mention the natural color or density of your own lashes ??

I agree...Mascara just does not suit some people. Maybe you can experiment with a clear mascara. Or try different colors, if your using black...maybe try brown. But i would def recomend trying the clear mascara first.

Pfewwww! I thought I was the only one that loved the no mascara look.
By the way, I love the look of very blonde eyelashes, most girls complain about it, but I think it looks very nice.

I´m gonna try clear mascara, I´ve bought it but I end up using it on my brows instead...

every day for work i don't wear mascara, i just curl them, but i do colour them by tinting them every 6 weeks, so that way they are black.
but i might try that tip of putting vaseline...good thinking!! thanks!!!

BF prefers me without makeup, but I just hate that my eyes look so small when I don't curl my lashes...

I would never, ever even leave the house without mascara! It's the one makeup I absolutely have to wear.

My lashes are long but, same as Hanne, they are natuarally very light in colour and not that visible so nonono I look much better with mascara.

I prefer my eyes with mascara (I'm dark haired and pale skinned) but I haven't worn mascara in quite a while because I'm getting more used to not wearing it and because when I wear my glasses I feel there is less of a need to wear it,for whatever reason.

I have a clear mascara in my make up bag but I've never used it. Does it make any difference?

I don't think I look better without mascara but I don't think mascara makes a big difference either. My eyes always look rather plain.

I have thick black eyelashes, so most people can't tell if I'm wearing mascara or not. Sometimes I wear it anyway, but I usually prefer going without.

I have thick black eyelashes, so most people can't tell if I'm wearing mascara or not. Sometimes I wear it anyway, but I usually prefer going without.

me too, sometimes I'll just brush them quickly with mascara to tone down the greyish colour they get after I use concealer

I do like the natural look a lot more sometimes than when I go all out on mascara, but really in the end it all comes down to what type of look I'm going for

I have however felt that a lot of mascara can ruin a good liquid eyeliner look

Sometimes it looks great just to curl eyelashes and put on some clear mascara, to hold the curl.

I think it's good for nude looks, even with pale eyelashes.

And red-haired people sometimes look even more interesting with their naturally pale eyelashes.

I prefer using it, but there are days when I try to look like i'm not wearing it at all, you know, Dior Ultimeyes was that kind of mascara - just color to the lashes.

I have however felt that a lot of mascara can ruin a good liquid eyeliner look

absolutely agree. And I also adore the no lashes look on very pale people, like very whitish bolndes and redheads. I adore that look, almost no lashes and no brows, it´s so ethereal and fairish... If I had it I would never alter that, except for liner.

Liner I adooooooore. Mascara not so much.

i really like no eye makeup sometimes. i can easily do without eyeshadow and liner. i have a tendency to reach for mascara but my eyes look fine without it, i do have dark/"not-thin" lashes though.

hautechild - I am with you. Most days I don't wear any makeup, not even concealer, since my skin isn't bad and I find wearing makeup just takes extra time and sometimes leads to break outs. I love make-up for fun and going out but I usually don't have the time or feel the need to bother. I can't conceive of not wear mascara though!:shock:

I do have very short eyelashes though so that definitely has a lot to do with it. I think my eyes disappear without curling and mascara-ing my lashes.

I have always been deeply envious of women (and men!) with long lashes. At least mine are brown. And lately I've been seeing in magazines a smokey eye makeup with no mascara. I could never do that though, it just wouldn't look right and I'm too insecure of my short lashes.

mascara seems to end up UNDER my eyes by the end of the day, so I often skip it

Sometimes I go without a mascara to give the lashes a 'rest'. Some mascaras can make the lashes a little brittle.

I agree..my lashes seem imperceptibly "healthier" when I haven't put on mascara for atleast a few days, and noticeably more..I dunno...fuller looking? I guess it might have to do with the fact that I smudge some eyelashes out when I'm applying/removing mascara or something. Before, I wouldn't dream of NOT putting it on, but now I don't feel the need to. Usually eyeliner is all that I need to widen out my eyes a bit, and mascara is kept for the more special occasions..

mascara seems to end up UNDER my eyes by the end of the day, so I often skip it

OMIGOD! Exactly what happens with mine.
It doesn´t happen with liner...I tried without any moisture whatsoever (no cream, no cream concealer), and it´s the same.
My eyes seem to produce something that ends up dissolving mascara and making me look really bad. When I skip it, my makeup stays decent all day.
I tried with waterproof, and it´s more or less the same, it takes longer, but it runs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->