Max Mara F/W 2020.21 Milan

Definitely an improvement from last season in terms of presentation!

The asymmetrical skirts and ruffled sleeve jackets are highlights for me!

^ yes having 5 models in a row at the same time is a bit difficult to concentrate !

it's an ok collection, i like some of the coats a lot

I feel like i have seen this movie before ...I mean these some nice looking clothes for the most part ...Nothing new/groundbreaking & exciting to me but still a nice decent safe collection ...

The last look on Kaia is disgusting. Why designers keep doing that strange thing with shoulders and sleeves. Leave it to Rousteing.

I'm not too impressed either, and I hate to say it. The two looks I gravitated to the most was Adut Akech's hooded caramel coat which looks extremely luxe, and the black coat on Anok Yai. I'm also thankful for the more subdued beauty styling this season (after last season's disaster).

Usually I'm a sucker for Max Mara but this time I don't like it. For me it lacks luxury.
I don't like the sleeves, the stripes and those puffer bomber jackets/parkas
Few camel looks are ok.
Last look on Kaia - I prefer David Byrne's suit on Stop Making Sense

I think the sleeves and the exaggerated shapes make it very trendy, if that makes sense. And I think Max Mara as a brand benefits from timelessness as opposed to what is happening here.

I don't mind this but it feels a little heavy handed. Max Mara models always feel such ease and confident. This feels a little less of that.

It look dated. Everybody loves their teddy bear coats but even that can’t save it. Carine has ruined all the shows she is involved with this season...
I refuse to believe that the dress on Anok is for a MM customer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->