Max Mara F/W 2021.22 by Steven Meisel

The cast really doesn't work as an ensemble...Each girl would really be better by her own. It doesn't help that they look to be socially distancing in some shots.

I did not like the first photo revealed, but after seeing the other photos I actually like this campaign. I love how "disconnected" everything is.

I was also reminded of the main editorial he shot from the July 1999 issue of Vogue Italia after seeing the other images.

I want to love it or even just like it a bit but, I can’t bring myself to. It just does not work for me. And I rarely get disappointed with a Meisel studio shoot.

I don’t think anyone earns the right to be lazy.

when you have pride in your work and you’re an extremely well paid professional you give your best. there’s no other way around, regardless of whatever inspires your work.
and no, you don’t let your assistants do your job. that’s YOUR job and that’s why they’re called assistants. they are there to assist.

also, what’s with the headscarves? NO ONE IS WEARING THEM. it’s not happening.

just Malgosia and Steinbetg would’ve suffice in an underwhelming campaign, so far.

EDIT:

totally missed the rest of the shots which I actually really like and the group shots are much better too.

Last edited:
This is so sterile, it doesn't even look like Meisel. And Carine styling is still questionable.

Nowadays, Steven works only interesting when he working with Carlyne and Fabien/Karl. It's very telling that his best works in the past few years are with Zara.

Malgosia is is dominating every picture she’s in. The other models blend into the background. The products they’re wearing are getting lost. The contrast between an experienced top model and a group of newbies does not work. Either Malgosia needs to go or the other models need to go. You can’t have both. Especially when you have one that steals all the thunder.

I don’t think anyone earns the right to be lazy.

Even the best of them needs to make more than an effort to earn their keep. No one should be able to get a pass just because of their name. Your work is only as good as your last effort and all that. It’s why I’m glad Mario/Terry/Bruce aren’t working anymore as much as I adore their visions when they were at their best— and their offerings from their last days were rather insulting (...although the circumstances by which they stopped working is unfortunate and not how I wished their careers to have ended).

This campaign is even more inexcusable since it is Meisel. It is so cold and lifeless and had they actually shot this as a departments store window display concept, it would at least have slightly elevated the concept.

For me this is a decent Max Mara campaign…
Meisel’s relevance or career is not on the line because of a Max Mara campaign guys…Come on now!
I wish many lazy campaigns looked this good.

It's the first time in years when Meisel was working with Małgosia and he created sth this? Such a waste of her talent!

Meisel’s relevance or career is not on the line because of a Max Mara campaign guys…Come on now!
No one here is talking about his career being on the line. Speaking for myself, I am annoyed how lazy Meisel is nowadays, and I don't agree that he earned the right to be so. Maybe he has lost his passion, which is understandable after 30 years of shooting, but in such case, why not retire or take a break and give the opportunity to someone else. This industry is full of old hags who have stopped giving a f*ck long time ago and their names are the only thing that keeps them afloat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->