Max Mara F/W 2021.22 by Steven Meisel

The more I look at this campaign the more I like it actually, the first time I thought it was very meh, and by the 5th time I am actually quite into it.

I really would have sworn this campaign was by EJG, for days I refused to believe it was by Meisel. It looks so grey and bland and lacks the polish and mood that I'd associate with a Meisel shoot. It's not bad though, just not great by Meisel's standards. If it were actually by EJG, I'd probably like it a little more.

Even if it had a better concept and photography, these new girls would have ruined it. Malgosia is brilliant and commanding as usual in the video. She needs a whole great magazine issue dedicated to herself. Such a waste of talent when models like her are booked for MG campaigns.

Although Malgosia clearly looks the best, I'm confused by her inclusion with the rest of the models. Were they going for the "strict head mistress of a boarding school with pupils" look?

A weak offering of a campaign, especially considering it's Max Mara celebrating their 70th anniversary. I do love me a Steven Meisel studio shoot with a grey backdrop but the casting here is atrocious and Malgosia Bela should've just been on her lonesome.

Malgosia was enough for thios campaign. The blonde model looks like Kendal with a wig

Chloe Oh on shooting the campaign:
How was the experience shooting with Steven Meisel for the F/W Max Mara campaign?

It was such an unforgettable experience of my life. Max Mara was my first ever campaign shot right after my successful first regular season after my debut season. My first campaign shot with THE number one photographer in the world, STEVEN MEISEL? I am so grateful. Before we started shooting we said hi to everyone while he was on a zoom call. Though he was on a zoom call he was very precise and was catching small little details such as relaxing our fingers.
https://models.com/oftheminute/?p=140921

It's Vogue Italia 1999 vibe...the choose of clothes is too random. There is no theme here. Quite medicore IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->