Maxi Dresses S/S 08

I have one that's looks exactly like the Phillip Lim dress and it really elongates my legs.

I'm not too tall but they do make you look taller.

That's one of the things that I love about them. Except I'm already a giant but I really like the effect it has. They're like magic! :magic:

Can maxi dresses be an all-year, everyday (well... not EVERY day) fashion? Haven't seen any femmes here in the Houston area give maxi dresses a try yet.

omg omg love at first sight with the Stella McCartney dresses. It's two of my favorite trends combined: maxi + floral

I love maxi dresses but I havent found a good affordable one yet. Every one Ive seen recently is a halter style which I dont like. I did see a really sheer one but I have no clue what to wear underneath... any ideas there?

I think there's very little doubt that these are some amazing dresses. The only thing is if these maxis can be accepted and worn by a lot of femmes. I guess my idea of "will this catch on?" relates to if these dresses can be worn by a variety of ladies. It's going to be tough trying to have some of these casual maxi dresses to be worn even as the denim miniskirt is still the hot skirt/dress garment.

Dresses are a fashion staple that really shows femininity in its most beautiful, most purest form. Perhaps a reason why there aren't too many femmes in dresses (at least in the 13-25 year-old range) is that a dress is a one-piece garment that won't really allow you to dress up in certain ways. A skirt is different as you're able to put several looks together. Perhaps my concern is that with all the beautiful maxi dresses in this thread and with all the lovely ones we've seen in this thread, I don't really see this catching on even here in Houston. These dresses are so airy and beautiful. These maxis are close to formal-type dresses, but can still be worn casually. It's like what the love-or-hate gaucho pants were- all-year, semi-formal, very wearable despite any complaints about wearing those. Same for these maxi dresses.

What I've loved most about these dresses is that they can be so airy and beautiful. There's always something beautiful about airy garments to me. Easy, breezy, and comfortable garments are beautiful to me. Maybe the fact that some wearers may "look like tents" wearing these or that these simply aren't catching on with femmes really takes away their appeal. Only fair argument I think one can make about maxi dresses is that they completely fail to express the curves of a femme's body. I think princess, I think natural, I just think unbearably beautiful when I see these dresses. The fit and flare of these dresses are beautiful. Really curious as to how dresses like these aren't really catching on or being embraced much. Even the more modest maxi dresses look amazing. Are these dresses ever going to catch on (mostly speaking for my general area), or are these dresses going to fall short of topping the denim miniskirt for the best skirt or dress garment for Spring and Summer?

As a resource, here's one I found on wearing maxi dresses: < http://womens-dresses-skirts.suite101.com/article.cfm/fashion_trends_2008_maxi_dress >. Even if you can't wear these dresses to perfection, you at least have to admit they are very beautiful for the most part.

i cant say im a fan of these. however, that phillip lim one on the first page is to die for!

I'm not sure, but is it possible to make stylish maxi dresses for petites that are every bit as wearable and comfortable as it is for taller femmes? I've seen my fair share of beautiful petites with lovely fashion styles. Can the same be done to make maxi dresses wearable for petites? What are some of the best maxi dresses for petites if so?

214.jpg
47.jpg

Lovley Agahte in Maxi
Dress: H&M
stylebytes.net

Style.com D&G

Attachments

• 00620m.jpg
    00620m.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 4
I see so many long dresses in light, fluttering florals and I adore those. So feminine and pretty! I can see myself in them on a summer meadow, bare feet and a straw hat .. or every day, with a simple black blazer and white canvas trainers .. I'll get one from Zara I think since everything else posted in this thread is out of my reach. And I think that if you work it, make it look utterly casual by wearing it with a self-evident attitude, then it'll look REALLY great.

I really like the long dresses / skirts, but I think people should be careful with them. So much fabric combined with a busy print can easily turn ridiculous.

I do what I can. When there's a style I love or have curiousity about, I'd like to do nothing more but express my views as much as I can. It's why I'm here- good entertainment, not to mention expressing my own views on fashion and fashion styles.

That's a lovely dress in Post #54. The pattern on the dress are okay to me, but I do love the overall style of the dress. The second picture of the dress has one extra element- the jacket. I've been hearing of how wearing dresses with cute boleros or light sweaters go together very well. I wouldn't mind seein this dress worn with a short, blue denim bolero jacket. I think this maxi dress could be worn mostly in the daytime for its style and patterns. However, it could also be a nice evening dress. I don't think the style of the dress is appropriate enough for the night. I'd go with darker or more beautiful arrangement of patterns. Say... a black or dark gray dress with minimal silver flower designs. Then it would be more night-appropriate. Still a great dress style-wise.

I'm not sure, but is it possible to make stylish maxi dresses for petites that are every bit as wearable and comfortable as it is for taller femmes? I've seen my fair share of beautiful petites with lovely fashion styles. Can the same be done to make maxi dresses wearable for petites? What are some of the best maxi dresses for petites if so?

im only 5"1 .. i just cut a chunk of the bottom .. alot of maxi dresses are either stright cut or pannels so they are easy to take up :smile: thats what i do anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->