MDC (Models.com) Rankings

Betty, I think you do a great job and I am sure it is impossible to please everyone.

What I think would be a great idea, however, would be to, in one fell swoop, change all the pictures of the models and update their information. I think it would be great to keep the models pictures changing to keep it fresh.:heart:

Which models' names are misspelled?

Betty
MDC

Hi Betty!

Ymre Stiekema is spelled as Yrme Stiekema...so you reversed the m and the r. Also Edita's last name should be Vilkeviciute and not Vilkevicuite. And Olga's last name should be Sherer instead of Scherer. And I just noticed that all models on the list now have full last names, so yay for that! :flower:

so as of now the money girl's list is for the established girls (w/ big contracts) who aren't identified as the top 50 girls but not icons either?

^No that is basically a list that ranks all fashion models by yearly income...as you see Kate, Heidi etc are also there and some of them are def icons as well.

^thank you Mr. Dale. however, i'm still confused. if it's by yearly income why is gisele #3 and Kate Moss #1?

ETA: also, why is Sasha still there yet barely works? she's an equivalent of Doutzen, Hilary etc. as far as what they do in fashion, however she doesn't have any massive cosmetic contracts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of surprised Coco moved up to Top 3. I thought she was fading if anything?

I guess they are waiting to see if Sasha books anything big for S/S09, she's still strong in editorials.

And agreed about Coco, I thought she was fading as well... I guess they're waiting to hear about S/S09 too considering she's still a regular in US Vogue.

^thank you Mr. Dale. however, i'm still confused. if it's by yearly income why is gisele #3 and Kate Moss #1?

I've wondered the same! Gisele makes more money than any other model, and she holds the world record for being the richest model ever, so I don't get why anyone is above her.

In fact Hilary has more print works and covers than Sasha.
Everybody even MDC can check it easily :judge:

Hi Betty!

Ymre Stiekema is spelled as Yrme Stiekema...so you reversed the m and the r. Also Edita's last name should be Vilkeviciute and not Vilkevicuite. And Olga's last name should be Sherer instead of Scherer. And I just noticed that all models on the list now have full last names, so yay for that! :flower:

Thanks Mr Dale, had changed Olga's already, will check the others..

Betty, I think you do a great job and I am sure it is impossible to please everyone.

What I think would be a great idea, however, would be to, in one fell swoop, change all the pictures of the models and update their information. I think it would be great to keep the models pictures changing to keep it fresh.:heart:

Thanks Levantar! It's the team here at MDC who does the great job, not just me, though :smile: and yes, believe me there is no way to please everyone. We use a certain criteria and not everyone agrees with it which is totally fine. The day everyone is happy with the list is the day that I will wonder if the world has ended. As for information and pics that will come too.. It's a bit like Sisyphus rolling that stone up the hill... always more to do and never ending!

I've wondered the same! Gisele makes more money than any other model, and she holds the world record for being the richest model ever, so I don't get why anyone is above her.

This is from the explanations page on MDC for top money girls: "You can take a list of the highest paying clients in fashion, weigh the going rates these clients pay for their contracts and campaigns and then apply it against the body of models employed by those clients. Those power clients form a mercifully short list. They are Victoria's Secret (with the "Angel's contracts setting the standard), Ralph Lauren, cosmetics brands like Estee Lauder, Lancome, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon and Cover Girl as well as the many fragrance contracts in the business."

Everyone quotes Forbes magazine that Gisele is the richest, we based it purely on fashion campaigns and beauty contracts that a model gets... not on money that she makes from her bathing suit line and stuff like that. I also believe that they included her VS contract which had ended around the time that we started compiling the money list.. So some people could argue that it should be overall money that a girl makes.. that's ok, then the Forbes list fits in with what they believe. For us, it's always about the top clients in fashion and beauty.

Betty
MDC

Last edited by a moderator:
In fact Hilary has more print works and covers than Sasha.
Everybody even MDC can check it easily :judge:

Love them both but Sasha still works regularly and more recently with Vogue Paris and American Vogue..

betty, i visited the page of the most sexiest models.. and the number 7 is out (i can't see it). it should be isabeli.. that in my opinion has to be higher in the next ranking! she has 2 sons and she is hotter of all the others!

betty, i visited the page of the most sexiest models.. and the number 7 is out (i can't see it). it should be isabeli.. that in my opinion has to be higher in the next ranking! she has 2 sons and she is hotter of all the others!

Hi Francy
Ignore it.. this list is older than my grandma. Our new list will be out soon (I know, we've said that before :smile: ) but Isabeli is def on there..

Betty

ok i'll ignore it! indeed is very old!!
i noticed that the pic choosen for isabeli was very very old and not sexy at all..
anyway dear betty, i can't wait!

Why is Anabela so high, especially considering she's 10 places ahead of Irina and I thought their careers have always been parralel...have I missed something?

This is from the explanations page on MDC for top money girls: "You can take a list of the highest paying clients in fashion, weigh the going rates these clients pay for their contracts and campaigns and then apply it against the body of models employed by those clients. Those power clients form a mercifully short list. They are Victoria's Secret (with the "Angel's contracts setting the standard), Ralph Lauren, cosmetics brands like Estee Lauder, Lancome, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon and Cover Girl as well as the many fragrance contracts in the business."

Everyone quotes Forbes magazine that Gisele is the richest, we based it purely on fashion campaigns and beauty contracts that a model gets... not on money that she makes from her bathing suit line and stuff like that. I also believe that they included her VS contract which had ended around the time that we started compiling the money list.. So some people could argue that it should be overall money that a girl makes.. that's ok, then the Forbes list fits in with what they believe. For us, it's always about the top clients in fashion and beauty.

Betty
MDC

I am sorry but this is just a bunch of excuses with no merit. Take Heidi Klum for an example, her money comes from her TV show and other lines of clothes/shoes/makeup with her name in it...her VS contact was smaller than Gisele's...:ninja:
Kate Moss money is comming from TOP Shop with her name in it, as the majority of well know big fashion brands have stopped using her.:angry:

And besides Gisele's 70% of her money is fashion around the globe, not the fashion brands MDC choose so they can benefit THE MODELS they choose. It is obvious it is NOT an impartial listing.
MDC can say watheaver they want to justify their unrealistic listings, people that watch fashion closely know it is a bunch of bull....
:flower:

So some people could argue that it should be overall money that a girl makes.. that's ok, then the Forbes list fits in with what they believe. For us, it's always about the top clients in fashion and beauty.

and thats how i think it should be as well.

thank you!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->