Members' Mood / Inspiration Boards and Scrapbooks. See post #1 for Designers' Boards.

My mood boards for my final project - Babylon the Great.

Christianity:
photo671.jpg

wh*re:
photo667.jpg

Royalty:
photo669.jpg

Death:
photo663.jpg

Evil:
photo661.jpg

Posters in the Help With Homework/Research thread may recognize their suggestions
:lol:

This is one of my mood boards for a project I did 2 semesters ago.

web.jpg

For school we had to do a couple of collages and also a mood board. Our instructor explained the differences between the two as this: A collage is just in your sketchbook on two facing pages, not done for presentation but more for you. The mood board is on foam board (of varying sizes) and is done with better presentation with care paid to what you put on it and how.

We also had to keep an inspiration binder. Mine was REALLY good. Really thorough and filled with everything I could possibly find that was inspiring to me sorted, as requested, by topic. It was not supposed to include clothes that you like from the latest collections but rather source inspiration (unless a specific style of clothing REALLY inspired you of course).

I recently moved overseas and my funds available for shipping my possessions was low. Paper is heavy and my inspiration book had to go. I kept about 10 pictures only that I really could not part with(out of like 150+). Before this I had file folders full of pictures of clothes I like too. I was a bit sad to let so much work go and to loose so many years' worth of collected pictures but doing this really showed me what my most important inspirations are. Anyone who has binders and binders or boxes and boxes, or even a huge folder on your computer of photos, if you feel brave enough you should try this too. I feel free and am approaching my designing with new eyes and have been able to progress ahead further and quicker without old fondnesses holding me back. I never would have thought to get rid of it all on my own but it turns out starting over was a great thing.

I have this in my office right now, and every now and then change the pictures and illustrations. It isnt for a collection in particular as i have separate moodboards for that but i practically only use it to decorate a rather plain wall and for general inspiration.
1nca26.jp

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow these are all pretty amazing mood boads/scrapbooks! I love making collages, so much so that I have tons posted all over my bedroom walls, they help me feel inspired whenever I need to think things related to fashion. I have three drawers where I put all of my clippings until they are ready to be used, that way I am always organized, I find it helps me out a lot!

i've been scrapbooking/collaging since i was a kid. here's a color one by me:

Valentino Haute Couture FW10 Moodboard

IMG_0527.JPG

DBJ's blog - displacedbones.blogspot.com

This is the inspiration board(for my final year project) that I did a while ago:
rVwKA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->