Aspiring Fashion Designers Lookbook, Post your Work. (See Post #1 before posting.)

I like how you are working with prints ... taking local influences and making it modern. Thanks for sharing, Urban Stylin.

A few looks of my graduation collection.

Based on the movie with the same name, i wanted to capture the darkness, wildness and romance by combine the most beautiful elements of Birds, Reptiles and Furry Animals. Although the collection was about animals, but none of animals were killed for it. 90% of the collection were handmade.

Wow, I really love the pieces posted so far Koibito! Some detailed crafting going on at the back of that jacket. :flower:

I like how you are working with prints ... taking local influences and making it modern. Thanks for sharing, Urban Stylin.

Thanks Bette, working on a collection for Kampala fashion week in November

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 0
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1
Dear all, here is my last collection :smile: I would be very interested in hearing your comments and franck opinions on this work, in order to help me to improve myself, and learn for the next one.

XDYbd1.jpg

kVJUG5.jpg

Iejgcx.jpg

k0VyAB.jpg

ziJL6s.jpg

B3v1pD.jpg

AUPiid.jpg

0YhgG3.jpg

dsIjYr.jpg

lzm9RG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting mix of textures ... which is modern and fun. Love the pants with the print on the left leg! And the blue jacket in the last photo is a fun layering piece.

I noticed that the silhouettes are based on only a few ideas. You have only skinny black pants, full skirts and loosely cut tops. Now that makes the collection cohesive and the pieces relate to each other. But it doesn't show that you can do more than those few ideas ... and I asume that you can. So, perhaps you might consider adding something else to mix it up more. Maybe a different style pants, a different shape in one or two skirts or add a couple of close to the body tops/bodices ... whatever inspires you.

Thank you very much for your advices Bette! I will try to insert more references and inspirations through my next collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->