Men In Skirts

I really hate that whole combat-boot-white-gym-sock look..

like a sort of, 90s school girl?^ missing the plaid shirt/skirt

(source: telfar.com)

Attachments

• tel.jpg
    tel.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 6
  • tel3.jpg
    tel3.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 7
not loving that last post tbh...
but some very nice additions to this thread...
etro- really like the thom browne look....

and marc jacobs really does this well...i have to give it to him...
thanks for posting in this thread...

:flower:

rick
L1030961.jpg

L1030963.jpg

I wasn't convinced about this trend until I saw a guy rocking a green kilt up at uni. He was wearing it with chunky black boots, a royal blue blazer with some sort of crest, a moss-green scarf and a sizable amount of facial hair. I was totally mesmerised.

I recounted the experience to a studly (straight) male friend of mine who promptly came out with: "I would totally wear a kilt. They're so warm in winter." I think I'm in love.

And to think that all this time I thought the man-skirt was reserved for attention-seeking fashionistas (not in a bad way by any means, but still - not for every man's teacup). Hooray for this trend!

@ etro : would like to see a clip of this silhouette walking down the streets. wonder how a man look when walking with these boots ...

otherwise i like the up silhouette. it doesn't look like "skirt" .... more like good and classic layering.

is it called a mirt now? I like the look, but I feel a little iffy if it is paired with hairy legs!

^No. Let's please stop giving those names to things now. Manbags, murses, meggings, etc. It's not clever.

especially since "pants" never became "wopants" ...
and since fashion history (see this thread) and various "non-occidental" culture (see this thread) have skirt for men - where i guess they have a different name, though.

i don't get why in english where every noun/word is neutral, something has now to be gendered ....

pretty weird.

but i guess that's low & cheap marketing ... like in boyfriend jeans etc. (a low & cheap system and vocabulary any blog is vehiculating ....)

Gender roles are bull****. Break the rules. Isn't that what fashion is all about anyway?

I admire men who wear skirts the right way. :smile: Really wish this would become as normal as jeans!

I've seen quite a few men in kilts in the city. esp. the east village where punk style has reigned sinse the 70's and kilts are sold in the punk shops worn over bondage pants, but quite a few men are wearing them alone.I really like that . however-men in feminin frilly girly skirts i do not like....at all.

i've worn a kilt, a leather kilt, albeit for Halloween as an Axl Rose costume...black leather kilt, black leather Richmond biker jacket...killer look...of course it's not socially acceptable in any other context.

^Do you have photos? Or is that crossing the line into socially unacceptable....? :smile:

photo.php

you'll have to imagine the full leather kilt :wink:...as an aside, were it socially acceptable, i'd wear a kilt all the time. Most comfortable thing ever, especially thick wool kilts (i'm part Scottish, so maybe i can pull it off...?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"