Mens-Cut Blazers F/W 06.07

Reaction score
I thought this was a trend I've been seeing, so I created a little collage that I posted on my blog. The text is supposed to be fun and cheeky, not too serious.

What do you all think of this trend?

powerblazeryu1.png

I love it. It's too cold here to wear just a top and a blazer like that, but when it warms up a bit I'll be wearing this look a little more.

^
I agree you need to be careful since women have smaller shoulders than men it usually just looks like the attack of the giant shoulder.

sorry ale not saying you are a woman obviously :lol: just agreeing on the frumpy factor

oh no, i have pointy shoulders, weird? hahah so any blazer i wear is gonna look like a McQueen for Givenchy.

hhaha

Stella McCartney had at least one Blazer like this in her FW06-07 collection, and for spring there is another one coming.

I like them a lot, but not easy to pull off, imo.

Here it is well balanced with the very short shorts:

00010m.jpg

Stella McCartney SS07, style.com

So much better than normal womens blazers, I am sick of the tailored waist, Victoria's Secret catalog look...

Love this. Probably easy to pick up vintage ones too, as the masses aren't on to it yet!

i like them and i've been 'reviving' them as one of my basic fw07.08 office looks (both in my 'honey professor' suede take and my dark grey vintage 'male jacket' version) they look great with high heel ankle boots and pencil skirts or male trousers

it's part of my fave '**** chic' terminology :D

Trendsetter
Patricia Lukoszek
Product Development Manager, Daryl K
New York

What's Hot Right Now...

"Your boyfriend's easy fit blazer with rolled up sleeves paired with a short dress or skinny pants. A white men's shirt with a skinny black leather tie — a bit of androgyny in the air for sure — basic shapes balanced with volume. One of my favorite things in my closet are my Daryl K boots. Daryl has the best distressed ankle boots which you can wear zipped up or folded down. They look amazing with dresses and pants!I am also loving the music of singer-songwriter Tanita Tikaram. Her voice is amazing!"

from jedroot.

Really like this look, i think vogue uk did a little "thing" on it 6 months ago or something.. Both John Galliano and MaxMara(?) has used mens-cut blazers their earlier collections. I don't think the second look here work, as the trousers are "wrong" and too baggy. IMO, it's worn best as look number one or as in Stella McCartney's collection, with skinny trousers. Preferably pumps/stilettos too, to give it some feminine twist. Not all tomboy.

00010m.jpg

00050m.jpg

Both John Galliano F/W 05/06.

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back