Knit Hats F/W 06.07

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
Knit, crochet..... whatever they are, they're hot for F/W 06.07 being featured on a record number of shows.

Do you enjoy wearing them. Do you find them lovely on the runway but funny for wearing out everyday?

What's your take on this trend? :flower:

Marc by Marc Jacobs F/W 06.07
Source: style.com

00240m.jpg
00070m.jpg

This was a BIG trend in HK a couple of yrs ago......I bought so many slouchy knit hats and have been wearing them constantly! I actually have one that looks exactly like the mushroom hat in the Marc Jacobs show.....:ninja:

Ppl probably do think I look a bit odd but they're actually really practical.....it's like an 'easy' hat to wear AND they keep you warm.

Burberry Prorsum F/W 06.07

00170m.jpg
00150m.jpg

Ann Demeulemeester F/W 06.07

00180m.jpg
00200m.jpg

I think they look great and really suit some people...I have a couple of slightly beret-ish slouchy knit hats that I've been wearing alot lately.

Thanks for bringing this in Kimkhuuu :winkiss:

:heart: I like the Burberry Prorsum ones the most, for sure. On one hand they're so chic and sophisticated, while still being quite adorable and youthful looking at the same time - a wonderful balance.

I own a couple knit hats I wear during the winter (definitely warm and cozy), but I've been wanting a slouchy one for a while now.. maybe if it's becoming a trend I can find some more selection.

I'm not sure about the other hats, but the Marc Jacobs style is fairly easy to crochet. I crochet chemo caps and donate them to kids with cancer and the style is the same - a beanie, basically. If you want to try making some yourself I would recommend practicing working straight before trying to crochet in a round. And also get a soft yarn without wool in it so it isn't itchy.

Or... you could always buy one, but where's the fun in that? :wink:

Yay! I have so many but now that they'll be in style...

I love this kind of hats when they have the beret shape. I've been wearing one for months this winter.

I had one similar to the Burberry one a few years ago (when it was a big trend over here) and hated it so much because :

a) I hate wearing hats
b) I find hats in general to be uncomfortable
c) I find knits hats unflattering.....

^_^

Cosette said:
:heart: I like the Burberry Prorsum ones the most, for sure. On one hand they're so chic and sophisticated, while still being quite adorable and youthful looking at the same time - a wonderful balance.

i completely agree. ahh, i wish i looked good in hats:( .

This is one of those things you have to ask an honest friend if you should go for it or not.

I think of keira knightley whenever I see oversized knit hats

But I like it a lot

since reading this thread, i noticed a lot of people currently wearing various styles of knit hats. does anyone know where they sell them? i really would like to try one on and see how it looks.

My favorite from Isabel Marant (elle.com)

Attachments

• isabelmarant39.jpg
    isabelmarant39.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"