Messika F/W 2020.21 : Kate Moss by Chris Colls

Elle France Digital Edition

One of the worst campaigns of Kate. Her face looks bad :/

I will never understand her appeal (never did) and I know everybody will ‘hate’ me here for saying this even if she does indeed look stunning in lots of editorials, magazine covers (even I have a couple of them with her, after all she’s an icon) and ad campaigns.

Kate Moss is ageing terribly... and the only way for her now to book campaigns is to photoshop her into oblivion.
I remember someone on this forum saying that Mert & Marcus had a filter called ‘Kate Moss’ for when they used to shoot her and that always made me laugh.

the campaign itself is ok. nothing groundbreaking.

To be honest I'm more amazed at how cheap this campaign looks considering it was shot by Colls who previously delivered stellar campaigns for Messika. Can't get past the upside-down Louvre pyramid.

..... I know everybody will ‘hate’ me here for saying this.......the only way for her now to book campaigns is to photoshop her into oblivion.

That's it, I'm passing your name onto Eizhowa, lol!

giphy.gif

Giphy

... and the only way for her now to book campaigns is to photoshop her into oblivion.

It feels like most of the last decade has been filled with low-effort campaigns featuring Kate Moss photoshopped into a facsimile of the person that everyone remembers back when she first started collaborating with TopShop on her collections.

Every time I see Kate's name in a new ad I'm prepared for massive photoshop but this isn't even the most offensive tbh..

She is the venus of our times, her face expression never bores with years, they are more interesting and rare in a sea of very beautiful faces...

I will never understand her appeal (never did) and I know everybody will ‘hate’ me here for saying this even if she does indeed look stunning in lots of editorials, magazine covers (even I have a couple of them with her, after all she’s an icon) and ad campaigns.

Kate Moss is ageing terribly... and the only way for her now to book campaigns is to photoshop her into oblivion.
I remember someone on this forum saying that Mert & Marcus had a filter called ‘Kate Moss’ for when they used to shoot her and that always made me laugh.

the campaign itself is ok. nothing groundbreaking.

Kate is a very exciting phenomenon in fashion, that is completely unique. She, of course, looked stunning, young and totally chic years ago, and we all remembered her that way.

But there are many icons now, nobody on her level, but let’s face it - lots of other legends. However, what is indeed interesting, is that she is the only one that looks absolutely terrible as she ages and people still book her. Nobody is booking Linda now, she looks just as horrible, but Kate is still omnipresent, just because she is Kate Moss.

And to that, it is interesting how she is now that simulacrum of herself. She looks worn and her face looks bloated, but she doesn’t even look like herself anymore. It is a double-edged sword for everybody. She looks horrible in most of recent pictures, but people are confused if they are to hate it or to love it, because it is Kate.

Nowadays like 90% of work we see from Kate is pure CGI. Time for them to create a convincing 3D model of Kate in her prime and use it instead, and let the real Kare retire. And you know what, I'm still not mad at seeing CGI Kate because after all these years and after all those layers of retouching she is still so captivating...

The Sunday Times Style Magazine Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->