Michael Kors Collection F/W 2019.20 New York

Far better than his last few showings. But that doesn't excuse how literal and to the point this is.

Last edited:
^ Hahaha. I had a very Giannini feeling during this show. It was not bad. Almost his best collection so far but I am not familiar with Michael Kors' work

It was so cheesy!
The furs and the knitwear was good but overall, it was still bad for me.
I love literal 70´s collections. He is not the first one to do it and certainly not the last but his interpretation is not the best.

I liked seeing Patti Hansen but now I get why there were print and runway models back in the day.

Kors is better at Halston like than this.

It's a bit all over the place.
I'd be here just for Patti Hansen and Barry Manilow alone :lol:

Inspired by "Studio 54"; but made with such an insipid and vague connection to it, that the had to throw literally the "54" logo in some garments to let people know the main inspiration for the whole collection...pathetic!

I cannot picture Bianca Jagger here. All I see are boring 70s pedestrians in their way to oblivion.

This feels more "Airport 75" than "Studio 54"...a total disaster!

tumblr_lh6dbiBSer1qgqj2zo1_250.gif

66.media.tumblr.com

First, I wish designers/show producers would stop making the models dance, or at least the ones that can't dance, because it looks awkward and everyone is uncomfortable ! It's so forced !

Now with that said, there were some "nice" pieces like the furs and the sparkly pieces, but there's NO sense of hédonisme that Studio 54 was about. Very insipid indeed.

You know, I've seen a lot of designers making literal collections, but having a 70s/disco theme (which is already painfully basic as it is) and having the literal Studio 54 logo plastered on it is an achievement in itself. Well done sir.

Inspired by "Studio 54"; but made with such an insipid and vague connection to it, that the had to throw literally the "54" logo in some garments to let people know the main inspiration for the whole collection...pathetic!

I cannot picture Bianca Jagger here. All I see are boring 70s pedestrians in their way to oblivion.

This feels more "Airport 75" than "Studio 54"...a total disaster!

tumblr_lh6dbiBSer1qgqj2zo1_250.gif

66.media.tumblr.com

I would love to see a Tom Ford/Micheal Kors face-off on Studio 54.
Advantage on Tom as his whole career is based on that...

I feel like Kors wanted to have a piece of Michele’s success and used the 54 as a trick rather than an inspiration.

For a billion dollars brand, the set was underwhelming...

I would love to see a Tom Ford/Micheal Kors face-off on Studio 54.
Advantage on Tom as his whole career is based on that...

I feel like Kors wanted to have a piece of Michele’s success and used the 54 as a trick rather than an inspiration.

For a billion dollars brand, the set was underwhelming...

Any Gucci collection by TF destroys this one! Tom really understood what Studio 54 was about...Michael, well...I think the doorman at 54 never let him go inside!!

A lot of the day wear is not really late 70s fashion but early mid 70s , so its not Studio 54 ( 1977-79 ) fashion . Slinky jumpsuits, slinky one shoulder dresses or midi dresses , stiletto and wedge sandals, slinky leggings with huge blousons, satin pants were the fashions worn there. I would say no ones does Studio 54 better than TF , he knows that late 70s disco sl*t/coke wh*re look down to a T.
That being said Kors is aiming at the Gucci crowd, if Alessandro can make a gazillon dollars selling 70s and 80s flea market level clothing why not more sophisticated 70s clothing at Kors . I love the 70s and am fed up with 80s references so I like this.

Gucci meets Sonia Rykiel. I loved MK's sophisticated, classic collections from 2014-17. I'm sad that his brand is turning into another Gucci look-alike.

I know it's cheesy, but it's miles better than their recent 'millennial' centric collections. Some of the looks though, wow, it's as if he fished them straight from a department store!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->