Michael Kors F/W 09.10 New York

First Kors collection I have loved since F/W 07:heart:, so many great pieces I think the neon furs are fun, the hot pink cocktail dress on Tanya is great and the leather dress on Natasha, and the sequin evening wear is gorgeous.:D

i absolutley hate the neon. just hate.

asides from that, i love everything.

aside from the colored furs, which we know they probably wont even produce, the nuts and bolts of the collection seems a bit off. the suiting looks more shabby than previous seasons and they Balenciaga slit was really over used and done in a tasteless way. IMO this wasnt his best collection.

Im liking it! For some odd reason.
The whole collection is much more daring and edgier than his usual bullsh!t. I love the skirt suit on Caroline R. with the thigh high slit and also the one on Natasha.
I like the dark coats.
The shoes are by no doubt absoutely killer but theyre so Rodarte/Loboutin it's sick. Thyre pretty much replicas.
The coloured fur....so wrong.

Aside from the neon which I hate, I love everything else. The shoes I love
and I think he got back to his roots in a great way...classic, luxurious clothes
for the working woman. So glad he left that Mad Men nonsense behind this time.
The only one who likes it is him.

I don't think I've ever been excited by a Michael Kors collection....first time for everything, I guess.

I honestly kind of love this, even the neon. The neon is so in opposition to the classicly chic clothes that I really do think it works. I love the tougher, sharper lines, and he was definitely more focused on designing than just making clothing.

I actually find the Balenciaga comparisons totally unfair since Ghesquiere was HARDLY the first person to put a crotch-high slit into a dress, he merely resurrected the interest in them.

Im absolutely loving the semi-shoulderless blazers like the one on Kim N. Theyre so sexy and fresh.

Love everything except for a couple of the neon fur coats.

Maybe a shakeup on the design team? Very nice, certainly in the running for best of show.

I agree with birdofparadise and suspect has some new designers working for him. This season and last season have been rather good, go Michael!

Michael Kors is one of the most overrated designers. He consistently puts out bland and boring pieces. It's only when his stuff looks like other people's designs that they can be somewhat interesting.

I don't think I've ever been excited by a Michael Kors collection....first time for everything, I guess.

I honestly kind of love this, even the neon. The neon is so in opposition to the classicly chic clothes that I really do think it works. I love the tougher, sharper lines, and he was definitely more focused on designing than just making clothing.

I actually find the Balenciaga comparisons totally unfair since Ghesquiere was HARDLY the first person to put a crotch-high slit into a dress, he merely resurrected the interest in them.

I completely agree with that statement.

I haven't liked a Michael Kors collection in a very long time. However, I really like this collection. I think the neon works here. For his brand it is very fresh. It's one of his best collections in a while.

Nice collection but I see lots of refrences there. Crazy fur.:ninja:

I actually love the collection. the cut out look on Natasha P is great. And the slits. its very now.

and what excellent casting

Preach it. People act like Ghesquiere turned water into wine... I love him but he's not necessarily original himself. Many of his ideas rely on references to other designers. To quote Gerould "Originality usually amounts only to plagiarizing something unfamiliar." :innocent:

Kudos to Kors for expanding his reach and doing something that is a bit different from his usual dog and pony show. If anything this reminds me of his tenure at Celine. These are simple, elegant and easy to understand clothes. I'm not a big Kors fan but this collection is quite nice. I swear New York designers get such a bad rap for no good reason - not everyone has to make some sort of big artistic statement with a collection. I don't come to Michael Kors looking for innovation. I come to see some nice separates and a gown that will make it's way to the red carpet. This time around it was a bit more exciting that usual and I found myself pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:

Preach it. People act like Ghesquiere turned water in to wine... I love him but he's not necessarily original himself. Many of his ideas rely on references to other designers. To quote Gerould "Originality usually amounts only to plagiarizing something unfamiliar." :innocent:

Kudos to Kors for expanding his reach and doing something that is a bit different from his usual dog and pony show. If anything this reminds me of his tenure at Celine. These are simple, elegant and easy to understand clothes. I'm not a big Kors fan but this collection is quite nice. I swear New York designers get such a bad rap for no good reason - not everyone has to make some sort of big artistic statement with a collection. I don't come to Michael Kors looking for innovation. I come to see some nice separates and a gown that will make it's way to the red carpet. This time around it was a bit more exciting that usual and I found myself pleasantly surprised.

HEAR HEAR :clap::clap:

I'd prefer if the furs were natural, like as in some of the other furs in this collection...

So true, Luxx. So true.

It's not even like he's trying to be innovative and just failing miserably. It'd be different if that were the case. Then you could compare him to his European counterparts. But I don't think it's fair to judge all designers with the same criteria. You can't honestly compare a Michael Kors collection to a Givenchy collection, or a Rick Owens collection, or a Prada collection. They all represent different things and I think that should always be taken into account when judging their work.

That said I think this is really his best collection in a long time. He excels when he ditches the themes and stops trying to force a lifestyle down your throat.

And anyone who can make me think of neon as a potentially chic option has to have done something right.

IMG_0974.jpg
IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg
IMG_0981.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anna Nilufer