Reaction score
picsrvfashionweekdailychw2.jpg
77060255je4.jpg
90983881hx7.jpg
10434422af7.jpg
56239425st7.jpg
90016316kx4.jpg
48830378rx5.jpg

For his Pre-Fall 2008 collection, Michael Kors was inspired by Hitchcock's blondes. Looks channeled San Francisco with pieces that exuded a sophisticated elegance and ease. Paint strokes and black-and-white prints created a sense of modish class, with a dash of color coming in from a clean petal pink Mikado sheath. Tweed and crepe served as the dominant fabrics this season in jackets, pants, tops, and dresses, with cashmere and mink to soften things up. A heather grey trompe-l'oeil cashmere dress was incredibly Kors while a black-and-vanilla tweed shantung sheath was chic and minimalist.

fashion week daily

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems slightly less banal and predictable than usual. I like the graphic quality it has, it toughens the look up a bit.

I love this, and the fact that it is coming from a house such as Michael Kors REALLY surprises me. To me this transcends the whole "just off the plane" look and gives me a great sense of street chic via saks fifth.

I love this! Classy and cool. The cuts are nice as well. Very flattering.

Very chic...well done Michael! I know a lot of people question his design abilities and his taste level, and even though he has a few missteps every once and a while, I still have faith in him and I know he is capable of making really desirable, beautiful, chic clothes, and he's done it wonderfully here!

I really like this.
I'm not usually a fan of Michael Kors but this is very sleek and classic.

Review from Style.com:

NEW YORK, January 7, 2008 – "I wish we could think up a different word for it than 'pre-fall,' " said Michael Kors at his showroom presentation today. " 'New stuff,' maybe, or seasonless clothes would be a better description." With that, he showed off two dozen urbane looks in ivory and black that owe a debt to the pulled-together style of the Hitchcock heroines Kim Novak and Tippi Hedren. In the city-sleek lineup were a chic, hip-length cape worn with narrow, cropped pants; a fluttery ruffle-neck blouse that topped a slim pencil skirt; and a little black cocktail number with a trim bodice and a tulip skirt blossoming below a bow at the waist. Dresses were a focal point; they came fitted in a cashmere-angora knit or flirty in a tweed-print chiffon. "Take off the tights, and it's a summer dress," said Kors. "That's the thing about these clothes—they've got to work 'now' and going forward."

– Nicole Phelps

This is Michael Kors, really? I'm positively surprised, I REALLY like it ^_^ Thanks seanut for posting the complete collection :flower:

Thank you, seanutbutter. :flower:

I like the graphic quality it has, it toughens the look up a bit.

I agree with Spike here. It really keeps the collection from being bland and solid.

Boring, but then again... Michael Kors doesn't change much. :ermm:

i really like this. its very upper east side. prim and proper but still stylish. its reminds me of Chanel as well.

edition24 wannabe...

and the last dress on post 1 is just identical to a dior fw07 look

boring boring kors boring

I don't think we should confuse Kors with more adventurous designers. He's the commercial end of NY and does it well for the market he caters to.
Not everyone should be a Gareth Pugh, non?
Context is everything.

Actually I think he should have used black ankle boots on all of the looks. That would make me like it much more.

Who are the models btw? Is that Hana S? and Linda E? I can hardly see their faces for some reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->