Prada Pre-Fall 2009

Reaction score
Miuccia Prada channeled the power woman via luxe fabrics and volume play, with a mostly black and gray collection with shots of deep wine that featured outerwear and day looks in sumptuous cashmere, wools and furs, as well as more formal options like embellished silk satin dresses.

prada1.jpg

prada2.jpg

prada3.jpg

wwd.com

really gorgeus!!!!! I love the first pics and it's very glamourous...

LOVE...especially the last look (in post #1)...feels a bit reminiscent of the FW 06 collection, which is my fav Prada collection.

^i guess we really see what counts in this industry when the economy goes wonky

not much to say about the collection though. i guess i will quote prada from 2007, 'i'm bored with fur'

LOVE...especially the last look (in post #1)...feels a bit reminiscent of the FW 06 collection, which is my fav Prada collection.
It's my favorite as well :flower:
I loved this pre-fall collection, it's so great. Such a pity that the pre-collections are generally better than the main ones.

For better or worse, this doesn't look especially "Prada". And those stocking caps are driving me mad. What is it with designers putting ugly hats on otherwise fine clothes? Is there any one stylist who is behind all of this?

These give me no emotions or lights of thought at all...nothing new or beautiful whatsoever.

^yeah Mr Dale ... it lets me ....unemotional ....

though i can already image Lady Wintour in the third look ....

I like it but it feels very Marni to me. Especially the styling and the playful use of furs. The patent shoes with socks is also reminiscent of Marni.

*No Model Talk, please*

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't say I'm feeling much love for this.

It's missing the one thing that Prada's runway collections always have, and that's a really powerful statement. I hope this isn't too much of an indication of where the collection will go come fashion week.

I'm undecided about it...third look is interesting though.

I don't know, I'm ambivalent towards this collection. I feel like it's just really rich materials, put together in kind of an unremarkable way.

I kind of like it, but I agree it lacks the eccentricity or even "standoffish" quality we expect from Prada. Is she playing it safe after the gold foil dresses? Some of the silhouettes remind me of Balenciaga. Then again, that sculptural look has become ubiquitous.

from what I see, I like it, but this just doesn't look like Prada to me. I'll have to wait to see more before I can judge it, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"