00250m.jpg
00260m.jpg

00270m.jpg
00280m.jpg

00290m.jpg
00300m.jpg

style.com

Style.com's review of the collection:

NEW YORK, December 18, 2007 – Count Donatella Versace among the growing ranks of designers who found pre-fall inspiration in the 1960's. Short, swingy A-line dresses and coats in bright shades of orange and fuchsia stood out among the more soberly sexy black pantsuits and knit dresses. In keeping with her strong Spring collection, the clothes had a pared down, unembellished simplicity. The only nod to over-the-top luxe came in the form of a trio of furs, the most dramatic being a shaggy black swing coat worn over a cocktail dress boasting a cascade of sequins from the waist to the hem. It wouldn’t be Versace without a little flash here and there, now, would it?

– Nicole Phelps

This collection deserves a super mega catwalk! an astounding soundtrack! and a hot casting !!! Please Donatella put Carmen Kass on the leather pants, she would totally rock it!
:heart:

Great!!! Everything except the last gown is perfect!!! I'm just not fond of the last gown.

How damn sexy is that. The thigh high slit dress is so beautiful.

I hope that the next Versace Fall collection is full of this stuff, its delicious.

I love this so much. I think that this is sexy, but in a more subtle way. I think Donatella has zeroed in on the gap between sexy and trashy.

OH DONATELLA!!! You are almost there. You're playing with sillhouettes..Taking risk as far Versace goes, this collection is very different. I'm so excited and I love it.

I love the mood with the styling and all... The clothes are fantastic too.

I love Versace, and I think it is well on it's way to being the new Gucci, but I'm waiting to see that extra mile in Donatella's designs. She once had a flair for detail but lost it when she decided to pull back and sober up the brand. I think she needs to spend a little more time with each piece, adding some strange-ness somewhere...

I love it as well. This s completely a new style for Versace, but i love it. I´m so exited to see the Milan collection in February-just can´t wait.

great collection! i'm loving the bright color with the blacks.

I agree with Donatella needing to spend more time and put the interesting details back into her garments. I don't think that Versace will become the new Gucci though anytime soon unless they drop their prices on accessories. Versace still has an exclusivity left in it due to the fact that they don't market their accessories to the upper middle class which is where Gucci makes a lot of their money.

I really like it. Each piece actually looks like something I'd wear.

I love this so much. I think that this is sexy, but in a more subtle way. I think Donatella has zeroed in on the gap between sexy and trashy.
i completely agree!!! donatella has definitely found her footing. the middle ground in between the two. this collection is superb and the coats and jackets have me on a high!!!!:woot: especially the second last dress in black and thigh high slit...simply fabulous!!!

hey that's pretty good...
i like most of the looks... is Donatella still working there???????? First rehab that had some good karma for a fashion collection (... contrary to MJ, maybe for instance...)

LOVE this collection!! Its so sexy, but everything is covered--legs/arms/high turtle necks. NO trashy t*ts n **** ect ect.

I love the skinny pants & the leather boots. Utterly gorgeous with the flowing tops/dresses!:heart:

Blanche DuBois you're so right!

Love this collection!!!!!The pants are perfect, everything is soooo great. But weirdly the last two gowns aren't my fav, dare I say it even a little unflattering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimsplayhard
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->