Prada Pre-Fall 2009

Nice work. To me Prada has reached apotheosis because people's appreciation for it is not a 'hot' brand but as really excellent, quality design and craftsmanship. She is one of the few designers who has kept getting better through the years.

Can't say I'm really attached to it right yet. Though those stockings and hats are bugging the heck out of me :ninja:

so, she's going back to knee-high socks again? :D anyways, i quite like this. specially the outfit in the second pic, STUNNING!!! i just hope she won't disappoint us with her collection for fall 'cause i am really disappointed with her collection this spring for prada. good thing the campaign saved it! :smile:

there's a bit of a mix and match of previous prada collections no? the fur looks fall06, some satin colours from previous summer collections, the embroideries from resort, the socks like so many times before...
still, i like it and want to see more.
i like the black suit with the knit mittens :smile:

01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

07m.jpg
08m.jpg

09m.jpg
10m.jpg

Style.com

Wow, this is quite dramatic and formal for Prada. :shock:

I have to say, it's a bit more interesting to me all of a sudden. I love that first fringed dress.

^^and this, ladies and gentelmen is what i call The Prada Effect...
with the first set of pictures everybody goes
I can't say I'm feeling much love for this.
(not to mention what the real haters say...)

and then more pictures come out, we digest it, and we all go
it's a bit more interesting to me all of a sudden

a random celebrity/editor or a great Meisel editorial is the third step: :crazy::crazy::crazy:

it could only be miuccia!

:flower:

Wow, this is quite dramatic and formal for Prada. :shock:

I have to say, it's a bit more interesting to me all of a sudden. I love that first fringed dress.

Actually I'd say that's what is the essentiality of Prada to me...
xx

Wow.:shock:

I love this. This is so unabashedly glam (and even borderline Galliano) coming from Prada...and yet...it still feels intellectual as always.:heart:

Miuccia, you are too wonderful.:blush:

Here is the style.com review:
While it's overdoing it to read too much symbolic importance into any pre-fall collection, the clothes Prada will ship into stores starting in June could serve as a brief diagram of the fundamental need/desire dichotomy that's opening up in fashion now. On the "need" side, there's a pragmatic black pantsuit (with a gather and tuck in the shoulder to give emphasis without padding), capacious utilitarian bags with nylon inserts, and plain classic Prada cardigans, as well as low-outlay comfort objects in the form of woolly socks, arm warmers, and knitted beanies with a peak and tassel. And on the "desire" front, there's a womanly burgundy pouf-skirted swirl of a dance dress that might've stepped straight out of a Mad Men cocktail scene, and draped black velvet dresses (subverted with leather inserts) that defy the idea that clothing must be useful and restrained in order to appeal. The new accessory is a fringed curtain of jet bead sewn onto a broad ribbon that can be tied at the hip to approximate a flapper skirt, or wrapped at the neck to become a flyaway neckpiece. Dual-purpose, hard-working fashion? Another way to go when money's tight.

wow this is like a totally new territory for Prada. Miuccia takes good risks and she executes it well. I think these are clothes EVERYONE can like, not just the really fashion-y people...

^ Yes, they remind me Dior HC SS 08...
I loved to see the collection as a whole... Can't wait to see the main collection.

HQs Pics
OH my god!! I'm absolutely f..ckin' Love this !!!

All form style.com:heart:

I'm really liking this collection, especially the dresses. I love the red dress in the top right picture of the second post on this page, it's to-die-for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->