Michael Rider - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

^ this is one of the most untalented men at the helm of two important brands. He has not delivered one good collection nor campaign.

He put Fendi in a new low and Dior is just now a brand which does collaboration after collaboration to hide the fact that he is useless.
Then maybe you'll be happy to hear that his contract at Fendi is expired and was not renewed.

Changemakers in Business: Defining Timeless Style–the Past, Present, and Future of Ralph Lauren​

a small discussion video michael rider did while at RL

I hope he re-establishes the accented é. .........they will have to change all the packaging and labels and storefronts is an unnecessary expense without guarantee of him bring further success to the brand he won't be aloud for a few years to to this as Saint Laurent.

You must know but forgot lol .....Celine had many years also no accent 70´s 80´s even 90's it's not a Hedi invention stop giving him so much created for something already part of the brand history.

View attachment 1313715View attachment 1313717View attachment 1313724View attachment 1313718View attachment 1313719View attachment 1313721View attachment 1313722View attachment 1313725View attachment 1313726View attachment 1313727View attachment 1313728
That’s why i’m not so gutted with its removal. Hedi himself credited this era as the justification for removing it in the first place.

I really don’t think he’ll be allowed to make sweeping changes.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was an amicable transition. He was probably lined up. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was pre-agreed that after building Celine up he leaves, as weird as that sounds.
Weren't people saying Hedi's last men's show looked like Ralph Lauren? And his last women's show like Chanel...? One to welcome his successor, and one to foreshadow his new job?

That would be a very Hedi thing to do.

The WWD or Bof article mentioned that they (Hedi and Arnault) couldn't figure how to solve the contract which leads to Hedi's departure,so not sure how amicable it was in the end.
They could have been in agreement that they had reached one of the end conditions for their partnership, but still had loose ends to work out. Like how to compensate Hedi for all the work he's done over things that haven't even started to bring in money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MsTransformedClothing
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->