Missoni for Target

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
One is a multigenerational family-owned Milanese label hip enough to get the likes of Juergen Teller and Peter Blake to collaborate on its spring 2011 advertising campaign. The other is a Minneapolis-based behemoth brand which dresses multiple generations of American families. One would be Missoni, the other Target, and come fall—September 13 through October 22, to be precise—the 400-plus fruits of their collaboration (the biggest to date, apparently) will hit Target stores nationwide, the latest in a long line of couplings for the retailer (Proenza Schouler and Rodarte among them). Everything from clothes (women’s, men’s, kids'), to bed sheets, to enough dinnerware to set the table for colazione, pranzo, and cena—all in plenty of Missoni’s swirls, zigzags, and near-hallucinogenic florals. “It’s been a fantastic experiencce, " says Angela Missoni, seen here working on Missoni's fall 2011 collection, shown in February, “one we are eager to share with families across the United States.” (vogue)

Target doesn't ship internationally, right? :cry: This sounds amazing, I'm such a fan of Missoni clothes, accessories and home stuff. I'm sure it's going to be fantastic.

you can use a mail forwarding service. its low cost. there is a thread in "shop till you drop" on it.

^Oh good, thanks. I know some US online shops don't ship to those service addresses so I wasn't sure if you could do that with Target. But will definitely try (provided I actually end up really wanting anything from the collection).

Oh wow! This is exciting! I really like the sound of this collection I hope it turns out well because Missoni has so many great prints that I would hate to see it look like rubbish. I loved the collection which target did with Liberty of London so I'm hoping it's like that.

this seems like one to get excited about - finally! i feel like it's been awhile since they had a good collaboration...

i wonder if they'll do any accessories...
i could see them coming out with some cool scarves

REALLY curious about this one actually... want to see the housewares...

wow they are doing a lot of collaborations lately! i am quite excited :smile:

It appears as though H&M turned down Missoni. or vice versa. i wonder why. Angela Missoni told the telegraph last year "I would like to do something with H&M because I think it is a very powerful way to reach younger girls now." (telegraph.co.uk)

it may because H&M has ripped off missoni's prints (stylespotterfashionblogger.blogspot.com) this style was apparently pulled from H&M stores.

Missoni owns their own factories. it would be nice if some of the garments were produced there.

Attachments

• DSC_2172.JPG
    DSC_2172.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 4
missoni continues to splash about grasping in every direction. and target has landed itself quite the coup as a result.

I'm kind of more excited about the homeware items than the clothes themselves :lol:.. if they do something along the lines of their F/W 08 collection, then I'm in, some of their long shawls and cardigans in earth tones (no prints for me) would be happy in my closet. :P :heart:.

Time to drape my whole room in Zig-zig prints. Can not wait!

this is what the tag looks like, so presumably they will use this print. (targetstyle via facebook)

Attachments

• 224648_218942184785325_195794080433469_914810_2487279_n.jpg
    224648_218942184785325_195794080433469_914810_2487279_n.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 4
^That tag looks really nice. I wonder when we can expect to see the first pictures of the collection? Are they usually released quite a bit in advance?

^That tag looks really nice. I wonder when we can expect to see the first pictures of the collection? Are they usually released quite a bit in advance?

my guess is the first week in august we will start to see some images. the ads for the line should be in the september glossies and those release the second week in august. of course images can always leak out at the press preview. :flower:

I'm kind of more excited about the homeware items than the clothes themselves :lol:.. if they do something along the lines of their F/W 08 collection, then I'm in, some of their long shawls and cardigans in earth tones (no prints for me) would be happy in my closet. :P :heart:.

Same here! Putting back some $$ now. Excited about this :woot:

^^ same for me, I am really curious to see the homewear :flower:

my guess is the first week in august we will start to see some images. the ads for the line should be in the september glossies and those release the second week in august. of course images can always leak out at the press preview. :flower:
Thank you yet again for the answer! :flower: I do hope images will leak because I August seems so far away.

Is Target home wear really cheap? I'm asking because Missoni Home doens't strike me as that expensive; here the prices of Missoni Home towels, cushions and such are very similar to those of normal department store homewear actually :ninja: Only the carpets and bed sheets are slightly more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JordanKefiell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->