Miu Miu Pre-Fall 2010

Hideous. Absolutely ghastly. Everything from the first tartan look to the furs to the knee-high woolen white socks to the knit dress is absolute kitsch. It looks very poorly put together as an idea first of all, and it looks very cheap. Even the attempt at luxury (fur) comes off looking like a second-rate faux-fur or something.
I'm sorry, but it seems that Miuccia is struggling to bring Prada and Miu Miu into the 21st century. Or rather she is struggling to redefine the Miuccia aesthetic for the new decade, and has rather disappointingly resorted to reproducing ideas from the Miuccia archives. None of which she has managed to rework cohesively or interestingly enough.

I worry for both the Prada and Miu Miu shows in March. And I sincerely hope she isn't using the ideas she used for Pre-Fall in those shows, because if she is, god help us all! :lol: :innocent:

more 60s fashion!

girl looks bloated in the face. did she get stung by bees?

either way, it's 60s, i'm down with that.

I really like this collection. It reminds me of a hip younger katherine hepburn vibe.

I like it and find it very cute and I love the 60's feel although it does remind me BALENCIAGA fall 06

That fur is quite interesting, but the tartan outfits look so dated... and all I can think about the first one is Rupert the Bear. For me Miu Miu is not doing good things with prints and patterns lately, at all.

CLEARLY aimed at Japanese clients. The clothes are so quirky, especially those socks.

01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

07m.jpg
08m.jpg

09m.jpg
10m.jpg

11m.jpg
12m.jpg

style.com

It's very 60s inspired. My mother still has clothes from that decade and they look so much like this.

^thank you for saying that. you've hit it on the head. it's a little too literal of a take on this kind of dressing. where's that cerebral miu miu take on this decade?

Wow this is terribly unappealing. Frankly speaking, this is the ugliest Miu Miu collection Miuccia has designed. And I use the word designed loosely. It's like she doesn't even approve of things before they

Everything here looks cheap and kitsch, and I cannot believe Miuccia jumped on the ever-so-trendy-leopard-jacket bandwagon. So so so disappointing. We've seen it from forty other designers before and she has done nothing new with it. Also, those woolen socks are a poor attempt to add some quirk to this boring proposition of clothes.

After a stellar Spring Summer 2010 show, so rich with ideas, this collection is rather disappointing, don't you think? :innocent:

Some of the looks remind me a bit of an updated version of Cher in Clueless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"