Versace Pre-Fall 2010

beyond the tacky design, these all look really poorly fitted and constructed. the way they are bunching and pulling on the model's stomach. who wants that

:lol: What a joke. This is hideous. I hate the 'new' Versace.:sick:

As i said already, Donatella risks and plays with her pre-fall collections. I´m sure that the ready to wear collection will have the typical Versace DNA.

Where did she take a risk? This is actually more of the typical Donatella Versace dna from the early 2000s.

Love this!:lol: Not the most Versace of collections, but it makes me laugh. And cruise collections are inconsequential enough that a designer can make a light-hearted collection

I sort of appreciate that Donatella is taking risks lately. By all rights, her Spring collection was the epitome of tacky, but it just worked somehow. This collection is in the same vane, but not as successful. The only thing that is appealing to me are the lace up skinny pants, and, if I were a woman, I would surely not step out in public in any of the dresses as I do not do acid brights, especially ones that are matched :sick:. Maybe I would wear the aqua mini if I wanted to channel my inner-Nineties transvestite, but that's about it :lol:! Still, I guess to a certain kind of woman, one who has platinum blonde hair, a dark, DARK tan, and money to flush down the toilet, the neon dresses would be appealing.

Last edited by a moderator:
^:lol:! That's exactly what I was thinking! The only Balenciaga thing I see about this is the acid hues. And that's IT!

I don't see any Balenciaga reference, but I was waiting for someone to point it out. It's been quite a while since we had some :rolleyes:

^:lol:! That's exactly what I was thinking! The only Balenciaga thing I see about this is the acid hues. And that's IT!
I mean maybe if I were drunk and squinting while I drove by at 45 MPH that blurry printed minidress might look like something off of Ghesquiere's S/S 08 catwalk.

Maybe.

I mean maybe if I were drunk and squinting while I drove by at 45 MPH that blurry printed minidress might look like something off of Ghesquiere's S/S 08 catwalk.

Maybe.

Or maybe some people just like to name drop designers' names just for the sake of demeaning another designer.

Either way, this collection was a total bust.... It's very Versus. I'd swear Christopher Kane designed this instead of Donatella.

Maybe.

:rofl:! Didn't you know EVERYTHING can be traced back to a Balenciaga catwalk? Instead of the six degrees of Kevin Bacon, it's like the six degrees of Balenciaga :lol:!

The entire collection is up on Style.com and looks a lot better, IMO, altogether. I think it is a bit more raw that she has shown in the past, with the exception of the Spring 2010 show. It's def Versace at the core and plays to the customer that ultimately will be purchasing the clothes. Not to mention that when looking at each look and at the individual pieces, some of them have a lot of potential when styled differently.

01mv.jpg
02m.jpg
03m.jpg
04m.jpg
05mt.jpg

source: style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover