Miu Miu S/S 2009 : Katie Holmes by Mert & Marcus

LOVE the most recent one! The contrast between the flaming red set and the blues and greens reflected on her body is beautiful!

these r kinda crappy imo, considering the good past capaigns.

But love the lighting tones on her skin in the last one.

Alright. Now were talking! That last shot is nothing short of stellar. The mark of a good celebrity campaign is that you forget who you are looking at. It becomes about the clothes and not about the person. Miu Miu / Mert & Marcus get this I think. Their campaigns featuring actresses have always been more about a mood or a look as opposed to being about a star. Whoever they cast is transformed in some way - re-imagined if you will.

I feel the first shot was a little stiff but this picture more than makes up for it. They say the theme is Fellini but the only film I can think of that would be appropriate is Satirycon and I'm not sure if this makes me think of that film at all. They'd need a few more boys for that one to work :rofl:

For me I INSTANTLY think of the Roman goddess Vesta. The haunting eyes, the lines of the gown, the way her hand is cast into the flames. Everything about it just screams that to me and I hope my intuition is steering me in the right direction. If so then I'm almost certain the models will be Vestal Virgins and if so that would make for truly stunning imagery.

meh I don't find her very good looking. She does look better here than her usual self but that's probably because of all the photoshopping. it's ok but doesn't do anything for me.

The new shot is spectacular. I think if it was anyone other than Katie, people would be a lot warmer towards it.

However, I am worried about the cast of models that are supposed to be supporting Katie? Were they cut?

Where are the models? :unsure:

Were they shot for something else? Were their shots not included in the campaign?! :(

Oh, i like this. It looks fab, great colours :heart:

Wow, I am impressed so far... maybe because my expectations were not very high for Katie

am i the only person who thinks this campaign sucks? i absolutely hate it, and i don't know why! maybe it's katie holmes, maybe it's the concept, maybe it's both, idk.

i like these! :heart: maybe a bit too photoshopped but i think they're cool otherwise....and katie doesn't look like just a pretty celeb posing nicely....i think she looks sort of believable, better than i thought she would....less self conscious... i love the colours too!....looking forward to seeing more... i think the clothes look beautiful too!.

I am LOVING that last shot. It's incredible, though I can't pinpoint why exactly.

This campaign is brilliant.
Sure people can complain because it's Katie Holmes, but there's no denying that she looks great. But I guess credit goes to M&M for making her almost unrecognizable at first glance.

wow...the pic of her with fire is georgeus. very goddes...but crazy too..!!

Preconceived notions aside, this is just great. Definitely exceeded my expectations, they hit the nail just right with the inspiration, amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
limonjuices
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->