Miu Miu S/S 2023 by Zoe Ghertner

Photographer: Zoë Ghertner
Stylist: Lotta Volkova
Talent: Ever Anderson, Achol Ayor, Emma Corrin, Kendall Jenner, Esther McGregor, Quintessa Swindell, Karolin Wolter & Lim Yoona

miumiu.com

The closeups are pointless. This looks more like an editorial than a campaign

I like this "cleaner" vibe in comparison with last seasons.

Kendall should hire the person who edits her Instagram photos for her fashion-related jobs. At this point, there are no more plausible excuses to justify she being so bad and not adding anything!

Photographer: Zoë Ghertner
Stylist: Lotta Volkova
Talent: Kendall Jenner

Far too sterile and lifeless for my liking, and not even the inclusion of Karolin Wolter can save this for me. A truly awful series of images, but not at ALL surprised given the involvement of Zoe Ghertner. Yuk!

Oh this was a let down. It seems like the Volkova era Miu Miu keeps trying to evoking that 90s, minimal, grungy look but it just does not translate well when they use models like Kendall Jenner and Hailey Bieber. At least hire a photographer like Mark Borthwick if they want that look. The campaigns would be stronger if they just kept using Meisel, Inez & Vinoodh, or Mert & Marcus.

Thats being said, Lim and Ever's pictures are my favorites from this campaign. I love Esther's look so hopefully she's got more pictures where the styling is better.

What is going on with Kendall lately? Her new work has been absolutely terrible. She was never amazing, but certainly not as bad as this. As for the rest of the campaign, it's quite uninspired. Everything is distorted which make it hard to focus on one thing in particular. I thought we were shifting away from this kind of photography? It's not fresh anymore. I liked the collection, but I'm disappointed with how it was photographed. They did not do it justice.

Close ups were a jump scare. Was not expecting that at all, just appreciate the fact they also aren't through a fishbowl lens.

Too pallid and gormless. There used to be something very tongue-and-cheek with Miu Miu campaigns, but lately they've been feeling pretty empty.

Very much trying to replicate 90's Mark Borthwick. Only difference is that he had the likes of Stella Tennant and Kirsten Owen who could easily carry that type of minimalist photography, while Kendall and these other girls... not quite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacur368
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->