Miu Miu - The Campaign Archive

stylegurrl

Reaction score
Who IS The Miu Miu Girl?
Fall ad campaign will tell us

NEW YORK: Tuesday, June 21, 2005
06.21.05Backstage_Adv_Camp_Miu_Miu_FW05.jpg

“Welcome to… a time and place where four strong and creative, feminine minds meet and confront their views, and explore the literal and symbolic nuances of feminine imagery and appeal.”

It might sound like a term paper, but that’s the concept for Miu Miu’s fall ad campaign, starring four starlets and plenty of fall must-haves. The idea was developed by Miuccia Prada and her team, and shot in New York last month.

Billed by the Italian company as “a documentation of a moment in time,” the campaign features American actresses Selma Blair and Evan Rachel Wood, plus French star Lou Doillon (daughter of Jane Birkin, and half-sister of Charlotte Gainsbourg) and Fiery Furnaces front-woman Eleanor Friedberger, all chosen by the company to represent “the Miu Miu girl.”

Art director Ezra Petronio designed the set to resemble an artist’s loft, and Miu Miu hired Kid America to play music during the shoot, helmed by photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.

06.21.05Backstage_Adv_Camp_Miu_Miu_FW05_2.jpg
Miu Miu often partners with almost famous actresses. Last year, they shot Swimming Pool star Ludivine Sagnier for their spring/summer campaign; in 2004 they used emerging celebrity Maggie Gyllenhaal and Billy Elliot’s Jamie Bell, and way back in 1996, Miu Miu snagged Chloe Sevigny just after Kids, shot by Juergen Teller.

As for this slew of models, the Miu Miu campaign marks Evan Rachel Wood and Eleanor Friedberger’s first major fashion campaign; Lou Doillon began her career as a model and has previously worked with Christian Dior. As for Selma, she’s most recently been a Marc Jacobs girl, even inspiring the bespectacled designer to create “The Selma Bag.”

We should all be so lucky…
FARAN KRENTCIL

Fashion Week Daily

Thanks so much for posting this!!! Any word on the men's ad campaign? im sure it will be one of my favorite actors/personalities...

GREAT the look of the photos of the back i liked thanks for post:flower:

Here's a look at the past ads with celebrities by Miu Miu :
FW04 with Maggie

i loved the maggie gyllenhaal ads

hopefully the next set will be as good!

ohhlala said:
i loved the maggie gyllenhaal ads

Maggie actually looks good there, she usually looks like a really sad dog...She's not a very pretty girl.

Pink Anik... are those the people to be featured in the campaigns? Sorry, I know what none of the stars look like. The last one looks a bit girly pretty for MiuMiu.

marcj said:
Thanks so much for posting this!!! Any word on the men's ad campaign? im sure it will be one of my favorite actors/personalities...

i read the mens ads will have lukas haas (from the movie "witness")

great ads, the use of colours is amazing :woot: :heart:

much better than last season's.

i don't see why selma is a fashion muse to steven meisel, marc jacobs, and now prada.

what is inspiring about her?

great new miumiu ad, thanks for posting stylegurrl :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->