Miu Miu F/W 14.15 : Stacy Martin by Steven Meisel

pellucid

Reaction score

facebook/miumiu

Miu Miu Fall/Winter 2014 Advertising Campaign

Actress Stacy Martin appears as a modern-day Warholian superstar in Miu Miu’s latest campaign, shot by eminent fashion photographer, Steven Meisel. Monochrome set ups capture the star of the moment channeling multiple feminine personas.

The new darling of independent cinema, star of Lars Von Trier’s Nymphomaniac, projects a quiet strength. Meisel’s bare sets and stark lighting accentuate her effortless beauty. Bold yet harmonious texture contrasts – transparent plastic, quilted nylon, brocade, knit and astrakhan – are amplified by her subtle presence.

There is a mysterious undercurrent to Meisel’s cinematic images too, a far-off look, arms folded, legs crossed, a finger provocatively raised to the lips. Darkness and light exist side by side, a split-screen effect suggesting another side to the story.

In the glittering canon of rising actresses who have starred in Miu Miu’s campaigns Martin takes her place as an enigmatic storyteller. In her hands the clothes become layers in a rich narrative of multiple femininities, the glamour of Warhol and living and dressing effortlessly.

A bit too much like the Saint Laurent Pre-Fall 2013 campaign, not very original.

Oh I reallllllyyyy love it. So cinematic and she looks gorgeous.
I wish it were a model though, and the stark contrast makes her look unrecognizable so they could have saved some money.

Happy that Meisel shot it. He's really coming back this season after loosing client after client.

God this is so boring for such an amazing collection… and the black/ white isn't helping either

I have loved Stacey Martin since I saw her in Nymphomaniac. She has a strange, delicate beauty that is perfect for Miu Miu.

On the campaign itself, I think it's perfect. She reminds me a lot of Natalie Wood in these shots especially the first. Very Mod :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks amazing! Something really retro about this campaign... it has probably something to do with the fact that Stacy looks like a dark-haired mix between Jean Shrimpton and Jane Birkin here.

I wish we could see more of her beautiful face (with a little less shadow or a different hair) but I love how misterious and cinematic this pictures look. Perhaps not the best concept to such a colorful colection but it looks nice.

ps: Very interesting that both Nymphomaniac stars are getting blue chip campaigns. Charlotte with Louis Vuitton and Stacy with Miu Miu.

I do like it. The colors were amazing so I would love to see them but I get why she chose black and white, it's less obvious

i don't even understand this. the heavily contrasted black and white is really not working for me.

Beyond insipid and even pointless. I have the impression I saw nothing. Plus, this concept has been done a million times and much better than this.

I love it! She's pretty and the mood is very old editorial something

For some reason I expected something completely different for this collection. Not sure how I feel about this campaign.

this collection..in black and white...what were they thinking

this is terrible, last season was amazing and now this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->