Mk Back In Rehab?

Gucci Girl

Reaction score
I just heard about MK droping out of NYU for some time to get back to rehab in L.A? I wonder if it's true....I thought she had gained about 15 lbs and gotten better!
Anyone have more info on it....

xoxoxo
GG

If this is true I'm not suprised, starting university after being home schooled must have been tough, esp. with the papparatzi all around.

Plus it sounds like they both want to party a bit now as well.

Gucci, did you hear this from a reputable source?

Erin, I found the link to the site on my homepage compuserve and heard a mention of it on E news...I stilll wonder it it's true though, but Jennika seems to make a point, University life is hard, and they have been partying.

GG

I'll try to post the link

There was an article about them possibly being kicked out for poor attendence, a while ago. The truth is that these girls are worth $1 Billion dollars, and the second they landed in New York they automaticaly became it girls. No matter what their original ambitions were, if you are 18, and are getting into Bungalow 8, your fkin going. This doesnt shock me. The girls dont need a college education, no matter how untraditional it is. They may want further education, but Gallatin requires 128 credits just like anyother school, and they are unfortuantely never going to have a normal college experience, so it would probably best for them to just do more enrichment type stuff.

Originally posted by MJCouture@Oct 19 2004, 02:13 PM
The truth is that these girls are worth $1 Billion dollars, and the second they landed in New York they automaticaly became it girls. No matter what their original ambitions were, if you are 18, and are getting into Bungalow 8, your fkin going. This doesnt shock me.
[snapback]401885[/snapback]​

:lol: you are so right...and let us not forget that like warehouse sized apartment they have as their "pied a terre" in new york. between the nightlife and that apartment it doesn't surprise me at all.

http://www.gawker.com/topic/the-olsen-twin...rium-019319.php

am i the only one who thought the media went really easy on marykate when she went into rehab the first time?...

does anyone remember what they did to callista flockhart when everyone thought she was too thin...?...and she didn't even really have anorexia...she was just stressed out and overworked...

i don't know...it seems that these girls are getting the kid glove treatment...i wonder why?... :unsure:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 19 2004, 03:56 PM
am i the only one who thought the media went really easy on marykate when she went into rehab the first time?...

does anyone remember what they did to callista flockhart when everyone thought she was too thin...?...and she didn't even really have anorexia...she was just stressed out and overworked...

i don't know...it seems that these girls are getting the kid glove treatment...i wonder why?... :unsure:
[snapback]401937[/snapback]​

they did go a lot easier. THey also NEVER mentioned her cocaine addiction(although they have pics and sources that showed her walk out of a substance abuse rehab). If it were anyone else, they would have been all over it. but oh no not poor mary kate.

hm.... someones or some people are VERY bias.

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 19 2004, 02:56 PM

COMPLETELY true. I think there is something about these girls that is more lovable than other celebrities... I think maybe 'cause a lot of us have grown up with them... and also, we have to realize they are still very young. For example, with Callista, she's, what, almost 40? People assumed she should know better (and this is whether or not she was anorexic). But with 18 year-olds, there is still plenty of room to grow, and much to learn... and I think the media, as well as normal people, cut her slack.

Anyway, I just saw that MK has been skipping classes a lot, and has been in LA often. Her reps say that after the next week, she plans on getting back on track. I don't know... it's a slippery slope... Guess we'll see.

Mary Kate Books it Out of Class

Mary-Kate Olsen has given NYU the old college try - and it looks like she's sooo over it.

Lowdown hears that for the past week, instead of buckling down and studying for midterms in the $7 million Morton Square apartment she bought with sister Ashley, the 18-year-old brunette Olsen twin has been playing hooky in Los Angeles and is considering dropping out.

"She's moved back to L.A., and might be staying indefinitely," reports a Lowdown spy. "She may not go back to school. Ashley says she's not sure if Mary-Kate wants to come back. They talk on the phone all the time."

Yesterday the Olsens' rep, Michael Pagnotta, confirmed that Mary-Kate has been cutting classes, but insisted the move was only temporary.

"She's been in L.A. for a few days and she's coming back in a few days. I think she'll be there for about a week," he told Lowdown.

MK, as she is known to her friends, spent six weeks in a rehabilitation clinic last summer for an eating disorder, and there was reported speculation at the time that she was being treated for drug addiction.

Pagnotta declined to elaborate on why she decided to visit now: "She's there on personal business. She had some things she wanted to take care of."

He added that Mary-Kate is missing "very few classes," but her timing could hardly be worse, academically speaking, because of the looming exams.

NYU's Office of Public Affairs did not return Lowdown's calls yesterday.

from the NY Daily News

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 19 2004, 02:56 PM

Its so crazy! Its like they are America's little princesses... sweethearts, whatever. Just because they were on Full House does NOT mean they deserve to be elevated to idolic status.

more from eonline:

Us Weekly reports in its latest issue that the 18-year-old mega-millionaire suffered a relapse with anorexia. Olsen was treated for the eating disorder at a Utah clinic last summer.

But on Tuesday, the Olsens' publicist, Michael Pagnotta, sought to squash such speculation.

"She's in L.A. on personal business and she'll be returning to New York in a week," Pagnotta tells E! Online. "When she left, she told her professors that she was leaving so none of this was done on a whim or in secret. It was done with the full knowledge of her professors."

Pagnotta also labeled as "flatly not true" rumors (also reported on NBC's Today show) that the actress was dangerously thin and suffered a setback because of her eating disorder.

"She has not relapsed. She will have ups and downs. . .good periods and bad periods. I don't think it's fair to scrutinize her on a daily basis. We have to reply on the judgments of people who treat Mary-Kate not from kids who call from restaurants and classes."

"But," he notes, "treatment for her eating disorder is an ongoing daily activity wherever she is...Her health is good. It's not perfect. That's the goal. She works hard and some days are better than others."

Pagnotta says the former Full House starlets are not the average frosh. Aside from their academic duties, the twins are also juggling a multimillion-dollar media empire and their own show-biz careers.

"Now that she's 18, both [Mary-Kate] and Ashley have taken over most of the responsibilities to their business affairs," says Pagnotta. "Ashley is likely going to be in L.A. for similar reasons next week, in fact."

But Us is sticking by its story. The magazine's editor, Janice Min, appeared on the Today show and said Mary-Kate had succumbed to undue stress.

"She just got out of recovery when she came to New York," Min said. "For anyone who has been to college, the freshman year is stressful, and when you are Mary-Kate Olsen and having the whole world watch your behavior and what you eat was too much."

Indeed, the duo has been dogged by paparazzi wherever they go, be it Starbucks or one of New York's hippest clubs and restaurants, like Nobu and Butter.

Us also says Mary-Kate's recent breakup with longtime boyfriend David Katzenberg as a source of stress. Even though she's been linked to businessman Ali Fatourechi, the magazine reports that Mary-Kate feels like a "third wheel" with Ashley and her new boyfriend, restaurateur Scott Sartiano, 30.

"NYU is very stressful--it's hard for any freshman to adapt to it," an anonymous source identified as friend tells Us. "Going out and making new friends is difficult."

Not that Mary-Kate hasn't tried. NYU students say that Olsen has gone to great lengths to be a regular student, including hanging out in the dorms and studying at the local coffehouse. Friends also say that Mary-Kate has cracked the books pretty hard too.

Pagnotta echoes those sentiments. "I spoke to her the other day, she's doing well, she's enjoying school. She didn't need to go to college, she chose to," he says.

He also says that the Us and Daily News stories "are particularly hurtful."

"We are talking about somebody's health here," he says. "At the end of the day, she's worked very hard to get to where she is. She's certainly doing much better than in the spring when she entered treatment."

I heard she just went back for a couple of days on business. I think the media is looking for something to dramatize. :rolleyes:

softgrey, I think considering their worth, appeal, money, and empire they have a lot of people in high places that can influence the way the media portrays their problems. Celeberties should be treated equal, don't overdramatize someones situation if it's not 100% confiremed, while going easy on someone who is positivlyinvolved with the same thing. I wonder why she's going back to L.A for....., still looking for the article (haven't had much time ).

GG

hmm, maybe she just misses home. I know that's the easy way out but when i first started uni i had amazing fun, times when all i did was laugh, but there was always the times when i felt really awful and homesick and i just wanted my schoolfriends, the people that had known me since i was about four years old.

Also, let's not forget that though they've grown up in the media these are still 18 year old girls. They still have insecurities and I think a 30something woman can handle the media better than an 18 year old.

Mary-Kate Says She's Not Quitting NYU, New Charges Filed Against O'Reilly, Tracey Gold Pleads Not Guilty to Drunk Driving
By Guylaine Cadorette, Hollywood.com Staff
TOP STORY
Mary-Kate's not dropping out of NYU, she says
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's freshman year at New York University is being so vigilantly dissected by the media that the diminutive millionaires can't buy a $2.50 cup of Tasty D-Lite soft-serve in the city without it making front page news. So it comes as no surprise that Mary-Kate's recent hiatus in Los Angeles is sparking rumors the brunette has not only dropped out of college, but also relapsed into an eating disorder. "She just got out of recovery when she came to New York," US Weekly editor-in-chief Janice Min said on NBC's Today show. "For anyone who has been to college, the freshman year is stressful, and when you are Mary-Kate Olsen and having the whole world watch your behavior and what you eat was too much." Mary-Kate's publicist, Michael Pagnotta, said in a statement Tuesday that Mary-Kate is in L.A. on personal business and is expected to return to New York and to school shortly, but denied reports the 18-year-old actress had suffered a setback. "Somehow there's a suggestion that she has relapsed into an eating disorder. That's just silly. She's in ongoing treatment for an eating disorder with an experienced team of professionals who are available to her on both coasts," he said. "She is working very hard at being well."

Not sure what to believe. Either way, I hope she gets the treatment she needs and gets better soon :flower:

God I don't care anymore about these girls, im sick of them... she got into that sh*t, tries to get better, then walks back and slips on the same sh*t that she dropped...

Either way...hope shes better and its sad how people watch her every move...nervewracking it is trying to get back to a normal life without everyone reporting on it :doh:

Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite@Oct 20 2004, 11:40 PM
Either way...hope shes better and its sad how people watch her every move...nervewracking it is trying to get back to a normal life without everyone reporting on it :doh:
[snapback]403205[/snapback]​

so true, though at the same time I really do love the Olsen Candid's thread. :innocent:

at the end of the day they have a lot in life because of the press and their fans and they can't expect that attention to go away when they go through their "party girl" phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->