Mk Back In Rehab?

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by Gucci Girl, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Gucci Girl

Gucci Girl New Member

I just heard about MK droping out of NYU for some time to get back to rehab in L.A? I wonder if it's true....I thought she had gained about 15 lbs and gotten better!
    Anyone have more info on it....

xoxoxo
    GG

2. Jennika

Jennika New Member

If this is true I'm not suprised, starting university after being home schooled must have been tough, esp. with the papparatzi all around.

Plus it sounds like they both want to party a bit now as well.

3. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Gucci, did you hear this from a reputable source?

4. Gucci Girl

Gucci Girl New Member

Erin, I found the link to the site on my homepage compuserve and heard a mention of it on E news...I stilll wonder it it's true though, but Jennika seems to make a point, University life is hard, and they have been partying.

GG

I'll try to post the link

5. MJCouture

MJCouture Active Member

There was an article about them possibly being kicked out for poor attendence, a while ago. The truth is that these girls are worth $1 Billion dollars, and the second they landed in New York they automaticaly became it girls. No matter what their original ambitions were, if you are 18, and are getting into Bungalow 8, your fkin going. This doesnt shock me. The girls dont need a college education, no matter how untraditional it is. They may want further education, but Gallatin requires 128 credits just like anyother school, and they are unfortuantely never going to have a normal college experience, so it would probably best for them to just do more enrichment type stuff.

6. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

:lol: you are so right...and let us not forget that like warehouse sized apartment they have as their "pied a terre" in new york. between the nightlife and that apartment it doesn't surprise me at all.

http://www.gawker.com/topic/the-olsen-twin...rium-019319.php

7. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

am i the only one who thought the media went really easy on marykate when she went into rehab the first time?...

does anyone remember what they did to callista flockhart when everyone thought she was too thin...?...and she didn't even really have anorexia...she was just stressed out and overworked...

i don't know...it seems that these girls are getting the kid glove treatment...i wonder why?... :unsure:

8. *DrAma*

*DrAma* New Member

they did go a lot easier. THey also NEVER mentioned her cocaine addiction(although they have pics and sources that showed her walk out of a substance abuse rehab). If it were anyone else, they would have been all over it. but oh no not poor mary kate.

hm.... someones or some people are VERY bias.

9. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

COMPLETELY true. I think there is something about these girls that is more lovable than other celebrities... I think maybe 'cause a lot of us have grown up with them... and also, we have to realize they are still very young. For example, with Callista, she's, what, almost 40? People assumed she should know better (and this is whether or not she was anorexic). But with 18 year-olds, there is still plenty of room to grow, and much to learn... and I think the media, as well as normal people, cut her slack.

Anyway, I just saw that MK has been skipping classes a lot, and has been in LA often. Her reps say that after the next week, she plans on getting back on track. I don't know... it's a slippery slope... Guess we'll see.

10. kimair

kimair frozen

from the NY Daily News

11. oceanharlot

oceanharlot stories everywhere

Its so crazy! Its like they are America's little princesses... sweethearts, whatever. Just because they were on Full House does NOT mean they deserve to be elevated to idolic status.

12. kimair

kimair frozen

more from eonline:

13. |Fantôme|

|Fantôme| New Member

I heard she just went back for a couple of days on business. I think the media is looking for something to dramatize. :rolleyes:

14. Gucci Girl

Gucci Girl New Member

softgrey, I think considering their worth, appeal, money, and empire they have a lot of people in high places that can influence the way the media portrays their problems. Celeberties should be treated equal, don't overdramatize someones situation if it's not 100% confiremed, while going easy on someone who is positivlyinvolved with the same thing. I wonder why she's going back to L.A for....., still looking for the article (haven't had much time ).

GG

15. impossibleprincess

impossibleprincess kabhi alvida

hmm, maybe she just misses home. I know that's the easy way out but when i first started uni i had amazing fun, times when all i did was laugh, but there was always the times when i felt really awful and homesick and i just wanted my schoolfriends, the people that had known me since i was about four years old.

16. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

Also, let's not forget that though they've grown up in the media these are still 18 year old girls. They still have insecurities and I think a 30something woman can handle the media better than an 18 year old.

17. LostInNJ

LostInNJ Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

Not sure what to believe. Either way, I hope she gets the treatment she needs and gets better soon :flower:

18. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

God I don't care anymore about these girls, im sick of them... she got into that sh*t, tries to get better, then walks back and slips on the same sh*t that she dropped...

19. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

Either way...hope shes better and its sad how people watch her every move...nervewracking it is trying to get back to a normal life without everyone reporting on it :doh:

20. Jennika

Jennika New Member

so true, though at the same time I really do love the Olsen Candid's thread. :innocent:

at the end of the day they have a lot in life because of the press and their fans and they can't expect that attention to go away when they go through their "party girl" phase.