Mk Back In Rehab?

Originally posted by Alejandro@Oct 20 2004, 10:04 PM
God I don't care anymore about these girls, im sick of them... she got into that sh*t, tries to get better, then walks back and slips on the same sh*t that she dropped...
[snapback]403176[/snapback]​

Of course, this happens to a lot of people, ie, people that try to stop smoking. They try, but they can't quite do it and get back on the bandwagon. Nothing is going to be cured instantly - it'll take a while, and perhaps a few steps back along the way.

I hope she's doing all right - I'm sure all the media scrutiny isn't helping. Ah well.

Originally posted by Alejandro@Oct 20 2004, 10:04 PM
God I don't care anymore about these girls, im sick of them... she got into that sh*t, tries to get better, then walks back and slips on the same sh*t that she dropped...
[snapback]403176[/snapback]​

I'm kind of sick of hearing about it too, but do realize that her disorder cannot be completely cured within a few months. For most people with her problem, it literally takes years to get over it. And most will have a relapse.

:( even though she may have got caught up into the image of "thin-ness", and walked in the sh*t, i hope all goes well for her... and i hope she gets better soon :flower:

i just hope she gets better and be able to put all this drama behind her

You know what I was doing when I was those girls' age? Taking classes, chasing boys, performing guerilla poetry recitations with one of my crazyass girlfriends, drinking amaretto sours (OMG underage!) while helping make Pride Parade sheet posters for the homecoming sheet-poster competition, riding my bicycle all over town, working part-time at a restaurant, volunteering at a Head Start, and taking pictures for the university newspaper.

Neither of those girls have the opportunity to have a normal college experience. To do dumb sh*t in public (like shout the lines of "Jabberwocky" in the middle of the quad) to get involved with politicized student groups, to sneak booze, to come and go as they please.

Because if they did any of these things or others, the paparazzi would be on them in a half a second:

"Ashley Recites "The Raven:" Dark Days Ahead for Olsen Twin?"

"Mary-Kate Tutors Tots: exclusive photos of her assisting at lab school"

"Olsens Gone Wild: MK&A spotted drinking what may be a Tequila Sunrise"

Can you imagine trying to flirt with a guy, when you have a security guard or an "eating coach" standing warily off to the side? Can you imagine trying to take part in a class discussion while the other kids gawp at you, and photographers may lurk just outside the classroom windows?

What a life we inflict upon our small-screen heroines!

Also, I'm a nobody, right. Not paid to be beautiful, not followed by freaks with cameras, but the pressure of starting college, the change in routine, and the lack of supervision opened the door for my own encounter with disordered eating. Luckily, I got over it on my own, and mostly manage it pretty well nowadays, but me at 103 was not a pretty sight. If an average, healthy kid can fall into the trap of disordered eating due to the stresses of that kind of life change, a kid with existing troubles in that area is at even more risk.

I feel nothing but sympathy for Mary Kate. The girl may be a millionaire, but she's actually got a damn tough row to hoe as far as living anything like a normal life is considered.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 26 2004, 07:22 AM
I feel nothing but sympathy for Mary Kate. The girl may be a millionaire, but she's actually got a damn tough row to hoe as far as living anything like a normal life is considered.
[snapback]407068[/snapback]​

i feel sorry for her up to a point...remember, even in new york, she's not the only girl with priveledge. lots of celebs, children of celebs, royals, half royals, etc. have to deal with this, too. i just think that they both need to go to london. give new york a break, maybe?

Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 26 2004, 08:22 AM
You know what I was doing when I was those girls' age?  Taking classes, chasing boys, performing guerilla poetry recitations with one of my crazyass girlfriends, drinking amaretto sours (OMG underage!) while helping make Pride Parade sheet posters for the homecoming sheet-poster competition, riding my bicycle all over town, working part-time at a restaurant, volunteering at a Head Start, and taking pictures for the university newspaper.

Neither of those girls have the opportunity to have a normal college experience.  To do dumb sh*t in public (like shout the lines of "Jabberwocky" in the middle of the quad) to get involved with politicized student groups, to sneak booze, to come and go as they please.

Because if they did any of these things or others, the paparazzi would be on them in a half a second:

"Ashley Recites "The Raven:" Dark Days Ahead for Olsen Twin?"

"Mary-Kate Tutors Tots:  exclusive photos of her assisting at lab school"

"Olsens Gone Wild:  MK&A spotted drinking what may be a Tequila Sunrise"

Can you imagine trying to flirt with a guy, when you have a security guard or an "eating coach" standing warily off to the side?  Can you imagine trying to take part in a class discussion while the other kids gawp at you, and photographers may lurk just outside the classroom windows?

What a life we inflict upon our small-screen heroines!

Also, I'm a nobody, right.  Not paid to be beautiful, not followed by freaks with cameras, but the pressure of starting college, the change in routine, and the lack of supervision opened the door for my own encounter with disordered eating.  Luckily, I got over it on my own, and mostly manage it pretty well nowadays, but me at 103 was not a pretty sight.  If an average, healthy kid can fall into the trap of disordered eating due to the stresses of that kind of life change, a kid with existing troubles in that area is at even more risk.

I feel nothing but sympathy for Mary Kate.  The girl may be a millionaire, but she's actually got a damn tough row to hoe as far as living anything like a normal life is considered.
[snapback]407068[/snapback]​

in that case they should get out of the spotlight for a while....... Its not a good idea to come out and star in a movie,promote when your about to go to college and to expect not to have pararazzi and somewhat privacy in public is unrealistic.... get my point?

At the same time, even if they DIDN'T release a film, there would be media frenzy...because they recently turned 18. It was pretty much public knowledge that once they turned 18, they'd be all over the news again anyway, since it's been the big countdown to their legality for such a long time.

I agree with As You Like It. :smile:

I still have a hard time seeing how they could avoid the hype seeing as they have been shoved in the spotlight for their entire lives. Frankly, I think the volume of work and extensiveness of their lifelong publicity cannot ever have been healthy, and I have a hard time understanding the motivations of parents who not only allowed, but promoted this kind of life for their children.

It is not like these girls ever had the choice to do movies or TV shows, and they certainly have little control over whether or not goons with cameras jump out at them around every corner. I mean, they just turned 18; up until then, you are legally under the direction and supervision of your parents, who are assumed to have your best interests at heart, but I have a hard time wondering if this kind of lifestyle is in anyone's best interest.

yes maybe they were pushed into it but they are OLD enough to decide if this is the life they still want to live. No one is forcing them. If its causing them to miss out on being young...having drug addictions then obviously they have the choice to get out and try to live life as normally as possible.

ANd yes there are MANY people who were in the spolight and choice to not be in it. Look at Liv tyler and TONS of others. But there are people like Paris Hilton and Kelly Osbourne who like to stay in it. THe Olsen are choosing to stay in the spotlight. Like I said you don't come out with a movie and "sell" yourself and not expect people to take pictures. Thats their job. Up until New York Minute no one really talked about them and they were barely any candid shots of them.... but once they stepped up and made a Blockbuster movie and got into the spotlight... they were more into the public eye and tabloids and on most new paper stands. Get what I'm saying? They sell themselves...they know they are twins.. they know they were about to be 18 and I can even tell by the way they "pose" and "on each other" they are selling themselves. THey knew what they were doing and they knew they'd have to deal with this.

yes maybe they were pushed into it but they are OLD enough to decide if this is the life they still want to live. No one is forcing them.
How would u know whether they r mature enough to make decisions and that no one is forcing them to do anything im 17 nearly 18 and i cant even imagine the pressures of being anorexic never mind the millions of other things they have on their shoulders.. maybe you shouldnt be so quick to judge and instead of seeing the pictures and deciding that they r feeding publicity look at their body language and the places they are at and see that they dont want the attention and are probably TRYING to live a normal life.

they may act "on each other" - yes maybe they r trying to appear as sexual objects... or they r really nervous that everyone is watching them and they only have and had each other and its all they know
i could go on and on forever but i cant be stuffed
all im saying is making assumptions of ppl whether its about you, mary kate olsen or joe smith down the street -its not fair and if your sick of hearing it- stop reading it we all know what the topics are before we read them

Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 26 2004, 09:58 PM
I have a hard time wondering if this kind of lifestyle is in anyone's best interest.
[snapback]407680[/snapback]​

believe me, their children and their children's children will reap the benefits of this wealth. no one (themselves included) in their lives ever has to worry about money again. that's the payoff.

Mary-Kate Olsen Returns To College

POSTED: 3:44 pm EDT October 27, 2004

Mary-Kate Olsen is back at NYU after a brief stay in Los Angeles.

AP Image
Mary-Kate Olsen

Olsen’s publicist Michael Pagnotta tells People magazine that she got back over the weekend.

When Olsen returned to Los Angeles for several days, news reports began circulating that the actress had a relapse of her eating disorder.

"Somehow there's a suggestion that she has relapsed into an eating disorder," Pagnotta said in a statement Oct. 19. "That's just silly. She's in ongoing treatment for an eating disorder with an experienced team of professionals who are available to her on both coasts. She is working very hard at being well."

Pagnotta also noted in the statement that Olsen was in Los Angeles for a few days on personal business "and will be returning to New York and to school shortly."

The Olsens are in no way trying to live a "normal" university life. If they were serious about school, they would be going to a serious school. Unlike us plebes, they could go to any school they wanted to, so why choose to live downtown and do an independent study at Gallatin? They want to be party girls- and I am not judging them on this, because I used to be a party-girl myself :mohawk:

If they want to be left alone, they should get out of NYC and go to Brown or to Penn, Yale, Harvard ? NYU is a private school, but there is no defined campus like there are at most other schools, and at another private school they will not be photographed going to and from class- the school would not allow it. Many famous people- and children of- are left alone while attending university- why not the Olsens? I don't think many photogs. are going to take an apartment in Hanover, New Hamphire so that they can harass the Olsens attending their classes at Dartmouth :ninja: If they wanted privacy, they would go somewhere where they can get it. I wouldn't cry for these (Argen)teenagers (sorry) :innocent:

Yea thats really unfortunate, in a way its good that shes out of school and doing what she has to in order to find peace of mind and balance in her life again. Shes headin in the right direction :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->