Mônot F/W 2020.21 by Luigi & Iango

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cast: Amber Valletta, Alek Wek, Candice Swanepoel, Kate Moss, Jourdan Dunn, Mariacarla Boscono, and Xiao Wen Ju
Styling: Carine Roitfeld

INSTAGRAM/MONOTOFFICIAL

Kate The Great :heart: This is fantastic!! Those landscapes, those models, pure perfection.
Thank you for sharing this!!

It’s fabulous, very Mugler, very opulent!
Carine only delivers when it’s big budget and she delivered!
Bravo!

What’s the brand? They decided to take a shot withe their unname using supermodels and supermodel stylist and all this outdated glam Retouched aesthetic of mert and marcus copying helmut newton from 2006-2007? hope At least it worths spent money...

What’s the brand? They decided to take a shot withe their unname using supermodels and supermodel stylist and all this outdated glam Retouched aesthetic of mert and marcus copying helmut newton from 2006-2007? hope At least it worths spent money...
Tbh, I wasn’t sure at what they were selling...And I just researched about the brand.
It really looks like a lot of money spend on mediocrity.
It’s well executed in terms of marketing but really poor in terms of design or proposition.

I feel like every decade, we are greeted with a stunt like that of big names supporting an unknown brand/name.... It seems we got our HAKAAN 2.0

i just read about it, its some Lebanese aspiring designer with some really heavy spenders behind him (Paris fashion week, some celebrity dressing etc). My bid - the money gonna end in one-two years and we stop hearing about it...

Despite the presence of Kate Moss and Amber Valletta, it's an underwhelming outcome for me and I genuinely thought the images were doctored from Luigi & Iango's archives (Kate for Ermanno Scervino and Amber for Blumarine etc). The casting is so random, Roitfeld's styling is unremarkable and there's no cohesiveness between the images.

My favourite shot of the bunch is the one of Kate with the cigarette, and perhaps the one of Amber lazing across the sand dunes (very reminiscent on the Louis Vuitton campaign by M&M).

ASF said everything I wanted to say, nothing to add really...I'm just surprised Lu*gi & Iango shot outside of a studio for once and it wasn't entirely awful.

The Xiao shoot with the veil looks very Newton-ish. As airbrushed and tacky as it looks, I can't help but to love it! The casting is stellar, even though I don't get why Candice is there.

How did this no name brand got the money to cast these stars?

I like it, seen it a thousand times but it's got good energy and a lovely cast. Xiao is on fire.

I prefer the finesse of Mert & Marcus, but this is decent imitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxycakes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->