Model Hair - Tips on Care and Products

Take from teamsugar.com

Alessandra Ambrosio
BELLA: What is your secret to beautiful hair?
AA: masques are very important to keep my hair healthy.

Hana soukapova
HS: My favorite home made secret for shiny hair is a conditioner made from a spoonful of yogurt, olive oil & lemon. It may seem crazy but I swear it works!

Yfke Sturm
YS: For healthy looking hair, I try not to swim often in swimming pools because of the chlorine, and when I do I make sure to put conditioner or oil in my hair before I go into the pool.

Jessica Stam
JS: Don't wash your hair too often.
BELLA: What is your favorite drugstore product?
JS: Leonor Greyl haircare products. You can get them at any high end pharmacy and they are amazing.

Caroline Winberg
CW: My secret is to have someone else do my hair and makeup for me, especially my hair. It's thin so I usually keep it in a ponytail with treatment in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giselle Bundchen's Celebrity Beauty Secrets:

Brazillian supermodel Giselle Bundchen stays slender by eating a spicy diet, such as foods with hot sauce, hot peppers, horseradish, spicy mustard, or spices. This gives her body a natural thermogenic burn. This thermogenic burn revs up your metabolism so you burn more calories.
• Giselle Bundchen's hair topped Elle Magazine's poll for the "most wanted" hair. Her hair style has been described as pre-Rafaelite, because of its long, tousled waves. The best way to get Giselle's look is to give your long hair a layered cut. Layers should start near the bottom of the chin. Layers should frame the face and the sides should be cut on a slant for extra body. Bring a picture of Giselle's hair to your hair dresser to get it cut just right. To style, use Velcro Rollers to create natural, relaxed, tousled waves. Roll the rollers away from your face on the sides.
• According to beauty expert Julyne Derrick, you can also get a Giselle Bundchen look by misting your hair with a styling spray, winding it around a large-barreled curling iron (without clipping the hair in the iron), and then brushing through your cooled spirals with a paddle brush. Mist your hair with hairspray to hold the style.
• Makeup artist Deborah Grayson told IVillage.com how to achieve Giselle Bundchen's "beachy and tawny" look. She recommends using Sue Devitt Light Reflecting Bronzer in Three-Tone Beausoleil, which includes sand, shell, and bronze colored powder bronzers. These sandy colors will help you to become as beachy as The Girl From Ipanema.

source: http://www.celebrity-beauty-tip-goldmine.com

whats AHA?? and .. i dont find gisele's hair all that desirable.. it is ..wen she's strutting her stuff down a runway or red carpet...or wen she's in a magazine.. but that has to b credited to hair stylists.

Question. I love my shampoo and conditioner, they are great and make my colored hair hydrated and smooth, but the rich conditioner gives me little bumbs under my jaw andy by my ears. Any tips on how to help treat or avoid it. I always end my shower with a good exfoliation in that area, but I am still getting some bumps. Any thoughts?
Do you leave the conditioner in for a bit? Try tying your hair up while you have it in so it isn't touching any skin. And maybe rinse it out over the edge of the bath (you know like with your head upside down), again so it doesn't get on your skin. That might work.

637dp42.jpg

scanned by me

Beauty Snoop: Hilary Rhoda's Makeup Bag

Hilary Rhoda has a huge new cosmetics contract, but at just 20, she claims she's a beauty novice - with a lot of making up to do.

A mere two years ago, the famously bold-browed Hilary Rhoda segued from Catholic-high-school jock to glamazon when labels like Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, and Balenciaga booked her to grace their catwalks. Healthy, smiling, fresh-faced, all-American-wow! Kinda nice after the sunken-cheeked, sullen-faced size zeroes we'd been seeing. Estée Lauder wasted no time and snapped up Rhoda as the newest "face" for the brand's skincare and makeup advertising. But not one to buy into hype, Rhoda, a former field hockey-playing tomboy from Maryland, insists she's still a student when it comes to grooming and is eager to learn from industry pros. Here's a peek at some tips and tools she has picked up so far.

BUMBLE AND BUMBLE DOES IT ALL STYLING SPRAY
"When I'm not working, I give my hair a day off. Just a touch of this spray adds polish without much fuss."

LOGICS COLOR NOURISHING SHAMPOO
"I don't color my hair, but I do suffer damage from the constant curling, ironing, and blowouts I endure on photo shoots. This gentle shampoo and its corresponding Logics conditioner are my protection."

• According to beauty expert Julyne Derrick, you can also get a Giselle Bundchen look by misting your hair with a styling spray, winding it around a large-barreled curling iron (without clipping the hair in the iron), and then brushing through your cooled spirals with a paddle brush. Mist your hair with hairspray to hold the style.
celebritybeautytipgoldmine

In Taylor Warren's thread (she's a member here: AlmostFamous), someone asked:
How do you get your hair to do this wave whilst remaining smooth and non-frizzy? Basically, what is your process? And what makeup?
And she replied:
I use bare minerals on my face. ^_^ And for my hair. I think it photographs better than it looks in person. :lol: I only wash my hair about twice a week. The rest of the time I use bumble&bumble dry shampoo on the roots so it dosen't look greasy. I use cheap random shampoo and Bumble&bumble super rich conditioner. And sometimes I use the orange kerastase serum or bumble&bumble dream cream. Or brilliant brunette hair cream.

My hair is just wavy.

And I dont blow dry it.

haha just thought I'd post that here since Taylor has such great hair! ^_^

pic from coacd

as promised..more articles!!
scanned by me from elle uk

carolyn.jpg

more!
scanned by me

gemma.jpg

hanas.jpg

last bunch for now!
my scans

missy.jpg

thanks so much everyone:blush::flower:
here's more!(my scans)

modeltips.jpg

I remember May Anderson recommending Kerastase Masquintense Fins (great for long hair), baby powder (for greasy hair) Unfortunately, I had to get rid of all my magazines, so I don't have that issue of Costume. It's an old issue anyway...

I do believe that she uses these products, she mentions a lot of different brands

kerastasemasquefinef.jpg

origins.co.uk/lookfantastic.com

My mom just gave me a load of Kerastase products, I'm gonna have model-hair :rofl:

Model Hair

How to get healthy, beautiful, shiny hair like the models. Please post tips, pictures, articles.. etc.

i just started using kerastase myself - and the products really are worth the hype

a lot of models actually take a lot of vitamins for their hair to keep it strong and healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->