Model Hair - Tips on Care and Products

^I wonder what kind of vitamins they take though like the brand...I take Nature Made women's daily vitamin every now and then. But I dont know if the vitamins Im taking make a difference.

I remember May Anderson recommending Kerastase Masquintense Fins (great for long hair), baby powder (for greasy hair) Unfortunately, I had to get rid of all my magazines, so I don't have that issue of Costume. It's an old issue anyway...

I do believe that she uses these products, she mentions a lot of different brands
I've been using Masquintense for a while now, and damn! it's worth every penny. I have long beat-up hair, and it makes the ends look shiny and healthy. It's also easier to comb...maybe I should start doing that :ninja:

I :heart: Kerastase!

i remember there was an article in COSMOGIRL last year - model's talking about hair and a lot admit to not washing their hair everyday.

I read that models take Pre-Natal vitamins for strong hair and nails. Also do clear shine treatments like Clariol Jazzing to make their hair look shiny.

I use Kerastase Oleo Relax and it is as good as they say.

^yeah I hear that Prenatal vitamins help a lot. I worked with this young girl who was pregnant and said that I should take them because it really helped her hair growth and her hair was silky and seemed to grow so long so fast. I know this because we had the same hair length and her hair was getting longer and longer and mine still looked the same!

Her fast hair growth maybe the result of her pregnancy but I can give it a try!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this is exactly relevant to this thread but I can't think of a more proper place to post it. Anyway, I am not native to NYC but just doing a summer internship and I needed a cut/color really badly and I was looking for somewhere that would be under or close to $300 which is harder to find than it sounds. I ended up going to where my roommate goes which is Wonderland on w. 13th.

Anyway, to the point, I was all starstruck and excited because tons of models go there and are their clients. Usually when I get my hair done I refer to different models' hair and they don't know who I'm talking about but in this case like half of them actually got their hair done at this salon! Like Anja Rubik's "new" as of about a year ago bob was done there. Other clients in their book were Carmen Kass, Gisele, Raquel Zimmerman, Caroline Trentini, Anna Beatriz Barros, Isabeli Fontana, etc. times a million.

I don't know maybe these models go to four or five salons in every major city so it might not be a big deal but for me not being from NY I was very excited and thought that was really cool to get my hair done at the same place as them. And it's a cool hip salon and they do a good job and use Kerastase products primarily so I guess by recommending this salon, Wonderland, it's kind of relevant to the thread as a model hair tip since I know a lot of them go there. And as evidence, some superskinny 6' tall red head was there at the same time as me going blonde but I didn't recognize her. I think they do most of the models from ONE if that helps.

I really like it, it's kind of a shaggy grown out pixie ala Jacquetta Wheeler so it doesn't really need any "doing" just some product and a ride with the windows open :P (maybe a little water and mussing with after). But yea I went back once more for a cut but not color before I left and my only worry is the people who do my hair where I live won't be able to measure up.:doh:

Oh, cool! It sounds really nice and care free. I know it is hard to go to another place when you find somewhere you love so much. Good luck!

i have very fine hair so i always put a little bit of almond oil in it before i go to bed...

then i rinse it out with John Frieda Blonde Sensations shampoo in the morning.... leaves my hair flawless and shiny...

olive oil works too

A hairdresser recently told me a great tip..
First you wash your hair with schampoo, this will make the dirt from the hair go away.. then you wash it again with schampoo, this gives you all the vitamins and good stuff from it (which you don't get if you just wash it once with schampoo).
After schampooing, put on conditioner and then rinse off...

My hair has become a lot more healthier than it was before [the tip].

I love leaving a nourishing shampoo sit for7-10 minutes, then rinse and that's it. No conditioner to weigh down the hair. It works for me when I want to have shiny hair.

Coco shouldn't use shampoo for Brunette's anymore :rofl:

Which air (using a hair dryer) is fastest? Hot or Cold?
and is Hot ait bad for your hair?

Hot is faster, but it also dries out your hair and your scalp.

So I should dry it using cool right?
I can actually see a difference, when I'm styling it.

I always thought you need the heat to be able to "mould" your hair into a style and then cool sets it? I dunno I just sleep with a towel on my head!

My hair is unmouldable, I just don't have the patience to let it air dry :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->