Model Name Pronunciation

Anthon Wellsjo is pronounced as Anton vel-hoo, I always thought it should be Anton vel-sio. :lol:

I need your help, guys! TIA.

Julia Suszfalak
Marie Piovesan
Ophelie Rupp
Laura Kampman
Kolfinna Kristofersdottir
Lina Zhang

Liu Wen.. I've always prounounced like "loo when" but I saw a video of hers somewhere and she said it differently..

Liu Wen is L-yo wen
Lina Zhang you can just pronounce as Lina jung (as jump but change the last syllable from mp to ng), that's much easier.

Help, please!

Erjona Ala
Romee Strijd
Julia Frauche
Valeria Sestic
Antonia Wesseloh
Josefien Rodermans
Kelly Mittendorf

Romee Strijd: It sounds similar to the English word "stride" except the final <d> is pronounced as a /t/ and the ij sounds a bit different in Dutch.

The IJ is the hardest part: it's sounds like this: http://www.dutchgrammar.com/en/?n=SpellingAndPronunciation.03 (you have to put play after this quote
n Dutch, the combination of i and j constitutes a vowel, which sounds a bit like English 'i' in 'hi': ij. Old typewriters used to have a separate key for the letter ij but on modern keyboards, the Dutch have to type two letters (i and j).

You can hear the full pronunciation of the word strijd here:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/strijd

Josefien Rodermans: Roder like the word Rover (you know range rover?) only the v do you pronounce as a d (like dog), and mans like menswear only the e do you pronounce as a like cat.
But here she says Rodermans in dutch, put on the volume at 7:07!!

Laura Kampman:
Kampman like: Camp Nou (the barcelona stadion) and man like men only the e pronounce as a like cat.
Laura in dutch like:
at 00:51 and 1:01 (well the song called is laura, so they say they name often).

Last edited by a moderator:
I need your help, guys! TIA.

Julia Suszfalak
Marie Piovesan
Ophelie Rupp
Laura Kampman
Kolfinna Kristofersdottir
Lina Zhang

Laura @ 3:13

Zuzanna says Julia Suszfalak @ 2:40

Yeah but Laura says it the English way and not how we (the Dutch people) pronounce her name!

Julia is Y-ulia: "Y" like in "Yoga", Suszfalak is Sush-fa-lakh, I hope you get that. :flower:

^ Girls, you're amazing! So helpful! Thank you so much.

I've seen several Dutch models and photographers listed here that are named Anouk or Anouck. How is that pronounced? I have a decent guess, (Ah-nuck?) but I'm not sure.

I always find going on YouTube helps when looking for the right way to pronounce a model's name. You look for videos in which the model says it in the interview or the introducer does.

I used to think Candice was pronounced Cand-eece until she said in an interview Candice.

I know, I had expected her last name to be more pronounced like "Kruuger", but she says " Kriiger" almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->