Model Name Pronunciation

It just mean Alexander's son, Gustav's son.

Kolfinna Kristoffersdottir, her last name means daughter of Kristoffer.

It's pretty straightforward. Lind as in 'Linda' and stam as in 'stumble'.

It means linden (a type of tree) stem/trunk

This type of nature-inspired names are really common in Sweden.

Sara Blomqvist (flower-twig)
Moa Åberg [aw-behrj] (river-mountain)
Sigrid Ågren (branch of a river)

Just to take a few model examples. I could go on forever but I've probably bored you enough already. :lol:

Thank you so much for the explanation! :heart:
Agreed with HelplessnessGray, it's interesting to know.

Magda Laguinge
Ros Georgiou
Marine Deleeuw
Agne Konciute
Vanessa Axente

Thanks!

I have questions about two redheads. The first is Zazoe van Lieshout. I could probably wager a guess, but I've learned that Dutch names can be tricky. And second is Aine O'Gormon. Her last name isn't a problem, but her first name is very unusual.

I have questions about two redheads. The first is Zazoe van Lieshout. I could probably wager a guess, but I've learned that Dutch names can be tricky. And second is Aine O'Gormon. Her last name isn't a problem, but her first name is very unusual.

Zah-zoo vahn (don't pronounce the a as an e, it's almost like the german von, but it's an a!) and then Lieshout with an ie that sounds like an ea in lease and the ou is pronounced as the ou in ouch. So basically Zah-Zoo vahn Leasehout, if you will :flower: Hope that makes sense.

Aine is pronounced like Anya (awn-ya)

Karoline Bjørnelykke. No idea on the lykke at the end.

Y is pronounced like saying letter i (imagine) while making a duck face/pouting. K is emphasized, and the last letter - e - is said like e (like in eh)

Tamara Weijenberg, anyone? Thanks in advance.

Tumarah We (e like in excellent) - ee (like in shopping spree) - yen (y as in yes) - berh (h like in hard). (As I remember, my sister taught me that Dutch G is pronounced like H).

Pauline Hoarau last name is pronounced Oh-arrow
Posted via Mobile Device

Need a native Afrikaans speaker to point out the technicalities. I've seen a few vids where she says her name but it's usually pretty fast. Sounds like kut-RYNE KREE-yer with slightly rolled r's.
her name is pronounced Cat-rin (roll the R) Kree-egg (roll the R)
Posted via Mobile Device

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->