Models' apartments/homes

Miranda's apartment looks nice but not practical at all, the sofa's and chairs don't look very comfy and one would be terrified of opening a bottle of wine in the living room. The rooftop and the bathrooms are really nice.

I can understand why she sold it, she just lost two major 7 figure contracts, might as well get some cash from real estate.

I might be the only one here who doesn't like Mirandas apartment at all....the rooftop is nice but the interior is killing me.

i'm not a fan either. sure, the interior is lovely, but it looks more like a showroom, or one of those places that has been sadly neglected because the owner is NEVER at home, despite the expensive cost to renovate and decorate it.

homes should be lived in, not just photographed for architectural digest then sold at a ridiculously higher price.

Talk about living in style.

Victoria’s Secret supermodel Adriana Lima's Big Apple abode is on the market for a not-too-shabby $5.5 million.

The Brazilian beauty, who now calls the bikini-clad beaches of Miami home with her basketball player hubby Marko Jaric and their two children Valentina, 3, and 8-month-old Sienna, has owned the pricey property since 2003.

And the designer digs are fit for the catwalk queen in every detail of the renovated 2,200 square foot space, from floor-to-ceiling windows; expansive views of Central Park and the city; even a state-of-the-art Crestron system controlling the lights, music, temperature, and even shades all with the touch of a button.
Perfect for entertaining her A-list friends, the apartment comes with a formal dining room, media room and chef’s-style kitchen featuring top of the line stainless steel appliances and custom cabinetry.

Or for more privacy, the double-size master suite is set away from the entertaining area. And the most fascinating feature (and a rare and precious commodity in Manhattan) -- customized closets and a large walk-in!

The master bath ain’t so bad either -- with a separate soaking tub and spa-like shower.
If that wasn’t enough, the 31-year-old stunner doesn’t even have to leave her building to eat, sleep and keep those famous curves in tip-top shape.

The luxe high-rise has a fitness club, pool, sauna, steam room, residents-only restaurant, maid service, rooftop deck and wine cellar.

celebuzz

^ that brown tv room is absolutely heinous, its like the 70's and a Palm Beach granny went to die. Do I see SHAG RUG? :sick:

I expected Karen Elson's home to be a little bit more bohemian-looking.

b3d28b7cece611e28cc022000ae80ec6_7.jpg

Instagram @MissKarenElson

Gisele's home is so perfect I want to cry.
I want to live in her bathroom, but I'd settle for the closet. :P

First, a caveat: Anyone expecting the home of supermodel Gisele Bündchen and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to be a lavish pleasure dome replete with sultry sirens and gridiron gods cavorting around the pool is in for a serious letdown. Likewise, those who imagine a sprawling palace staffed with a battalion of liveried footmen proffering protein shakes on silver trays have also missed the mark. The reality of Bündchen and Brady’s life in Los Angeles’s Brentwood neighborhood is far more—dare we say it?—normal.

“I like simplicity and coziness,” says the renowned Brazilian beauty. “I want to live in a place that feels like a real home, where you can put your feet up on the couch and just relax.” Brady seconds the notion: “Gisele and I have eight sisters between us, and there are lots of kids. We built this house as a sanctuary for our family—a place where we can enjoy being together.”
The couple’s L.A. story began roughly six years ago, when Bündchen and Brady started making regular excursions to the sunny shores of Southern California during the NFL off-season. On one of those trips, prior to their marriage in 2009, they discovered an open lot with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean near the house they were renting. They immediately knew the patch of land would one day be home.
“It was important for us to plant roots for our family, and since we both enjoy the creative process, we decided to start from scratch,” Brady recalls. (The couple has a three-year-old son, Benjamin, and a baby daughter, Vivian Lake, along with six-year-old John, Brady’s son from his previous relationship with actress Bridget Moynahan.)
To help refine their vision of domestic bliss, the pair engaged architect Richard Landry and one of his frequent collaborators, interior designer Joan Behnke. “I’m all about team dynamics and putting the right people together,” says the future Hall of Famer and owner of three Super Bowl rings. “We knew Richard and Joan could take us where we wanted to go without imposing a signature look. They understood that we wanted a comfortable house, not a style statement.”
For Bündchen and Brady living well also means living responsibly. Bündchen is a global ambassador for the United Nations Environment Programme, and the couple is acutely aware of issues related to the conservation of natural resources. One of their primary imperatives when building their home was to use as many recycled components as possible and to implement energy and water systems that would ameliorate the family’s impact on the land. In addition to composting, gray-water technology for irrigation, and environmentally friendly construction materials, the pair installed two substantial arrays of photovoltaic solar panels (one next to the garden, the other on the roof of the house) that would meet all of the property’s electricity needs. “From the beginning we asked everyone involved in the design and construction, ‘How can we make it as sustainable as possible?’” Bündchen says.

architecturaldigest

^God no, her house looks like a movie set, sort of faux-rustic or pseudo antique. Ill take her gym though, good lord.

and as with all things models, Gisele is number 1. lol. that house is out of the range of most movie stars. she's just on another level entirely.

and as with all things models, Gisele is number 1. lol. that house is out of the range of most movie stars. she's just on another level entirely.

Well, her husband isn't exactly making minimum wage either.

Gisele's home looks very ... nouveau riche ... like a hotel room. All of the finishings are very overdone, they don't look like they will age well. And why the buddha in the closet? :huh: It seems like a nice place to raise kids though I'll give her that :wink:.

I like Amber Valetta Santa Monica house a little more. It looks more personal ... and how brilliant is that glass 'backsplash' in the kitchen?! Love the blue textured walls in the living room, the exposed beams and I'm usually not a fan of bright colours but the corals are really pretty here. Hate the bathroom sink though.

Amber Valletta's Santa Monica Abode
instyle.com

Amber shelves her books by color? What does that say?
:lol: Yeah, good catch. Sums up how I feel about her home: it looks like she's trying to please others instead of being truly comfortable and being herself. Definitely looks like she only keeps books as accessories, not because she actually reads them. There is nothing unique about how her home is decorated. Kind of surprised to see that, since she seems to have good personal taste when it comes to fashion.

Thanks for the pictures, Tinsley V!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome!
Amber shelves her books by color? What does that say?

I was going to say the same thing :lol:. I couldn't imagine doing that but what I don't get even more is the picture frames against the shelves ... I've seen a lot of people doing that lately.

True!
One more thing, no one who really cooks would want a kitchen like that...no place to put pots and pans and utensils at hand...

well, nothing wrong with not reading or cooking, of course! :smile:

Karen Elson's place is gorgeous...beautiful furniture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even these homes look like they should have a "styled by" credit. I can tell they were dressed up for the camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->