Models too generic nowadays?

centrestage88

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I think all the models are really pretty and beautiful, but don't you think that they are all becoming too generic looking.

Yes, gemma is really pretty, so are all the others, but in the long run.....will they be remembered? Or will just a new wave of models come along and leave them forgotten?

One model that really stands out for me.....is Linda Evangelistica. ( pardon the spelling if wrong). She isn't beautiful, but boy does she leave an impression.

^ I wouldn't say that they are generic...I believe most of them have different looks...but I would say many of them will not be remembered. But haa an entire wave of models in the past ever been. Yes there is Naomi, Cyndi, Brinkley....which Gemma, and those other select, few may be remembered as in the future.

centrestage88 said:
...don't you think that they are all becoming too generic looking.
I strongly disagree. There's unprecedented variety and depth.

...but in the long run.....will they be remembered? Or will just a new wave of models come along and leave them forgotten?
I don't think this has to do with current models' looks as it does consumers' post-MTV gnat attention spans.

Atelier said:
I don't think this has to do with current models' looks as it does consumers' post-MTV gnat attention spans.

yeah, also nowadays, designers prefer their models to be unknown, they want the clothes to be seen, not the model. these models are not celebs the way christy, linda, naomi, etc were. additionally, they're more likely to be waifs nowadays, which i think contributes to their overall lack of strong presence and forgetability (in the long run). idk, just my opinion though

OriginalSin said:
yeah, also nowadays, designers prefer their models to be unknown, they want the clothes to be seen, not the model. these models are not celebs the way christy, linda, naomi, etc were. additionally, they're more likely to be waifs nowadays, which i think contributes to their overall lack of strong presence and forgetability (in the long run). idk, just my opinion though

originalsin, my respect for you, very smart point of view, I would say exactly the same. the early 90s supermodels were more famous than the same designers. I remember when in 1993 they were jealous about it.

I agree with Atelier -the industry has opened up a lot. Ok not in weight terms or height terms but there are a lot of odd looking girls out there who are having a successful career i.e. Dovile, Lekalina, Querelle etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->