Most Disturbing Movies/TV Shows/Books

Guys please, it can't get more disturbing than Pasolini's Salò o le 120 giornate di sodoma! It has absolutely everything in it, methods of torture that I can't even explain.
I'm guessing maybe Marquis de Sade's book that inspired the film, 120 journées de Sodome, would be as disturbing... maybe more...

JT Leroy's books are pretty disturbing as well.

I wouldn't call many of the movies listed here and that I have watched 'disturbing' but Dogtooth definitely takes the title in recent memory, and by far. Mostly because it's so unexpected, at least to me, I had no idea what I was getting into. I'm not sure aggressiveness or violence will ever truly disturb me the way subtle (so to speak) wackiness does.

i tried watching it probably when I first posted about it, but I had to press stop :lol: it was too much for me and I found myself getting lightheaded from the uncertainty which has never happened before.

Kill List is still on my list for disturbing films, it has to be on of the top for disturbing films I have sat all the way through and only because once it all starts happening, its literally like a rollercoaster of events. I believe it is on Netflix and I would recommend it to everyone

Salo grossed me out in many different ways, but mainly after reading half of the victim actors were around 14-18 yo. Not wonder why most of them never appeared in a movie again.

I saw the Nymphomaniac trailer in the theater and it looks so disturbing but im beyond intrigued

Perfume: the story of a murderer, book and film. Love it, but it is messed up. Anyone who knows it will know which scene I am talking about.

There's this f*cked up movie that's banned. Not only are the subjects twisted:sick: but I heard the director actually went to jail for. I'm NOT gonna publicly name the movie in case people might think I'm suggesting it:ninja:.

Anyway, I've never actually seen this movie (don't really want to see tbh) but I read the plot on Wikipedia & just doing that has given me nightmares for the past couple of nights:unsure:.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ can you PM the title of it? i'm not gonna watch it for sure :D but usually movies are not banned. maybe they not played in cinemas, but you can't just ban a movie, these banned movie-concepts are usually urbanlegends..

I was incredibly disturbed by JT Leroy's The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, despite knowing that it was not an autobiography (as it was first marketed). There is a film version by Asia Argento that I refuse to watch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->