Most Disturbing Movies/TV Shows/Books

^i was literally about to have a panic attack from watching that movie because I wanted it to just stop :lol:

just watched Kill List recently; the plot, the killing scenes, and the ending left me in shock

Also does Dogtooth not look extremely disturbing... I want to watch it, but I don't think I can put myself through that :lol:
I wouldn't call many of the movies listed here and that I have watched 'disturbing' but Dogtooth definitely takes the title in recent memory, and by far. Mostly because it's so unexpected, at least to me, I had no idea what I was getting into. I'm not sure aggressiveness or violence will ever truly disturb me the way subtle (so to speak) wackiness does.

In my Skin (Dans ma peau)2002.
106luhf.jpg

A woman grows increasingly fascinated with her body after suffering a disfiguring accident.
this film is truly shocking, yet so interesting psychologically :shock:

The Tudors

While I love Natalie Dormer as Anne Boleyn, I find the role of Henry (played by Johnathan Rhys Meyers) very annoying and disturbing. First of all, he's so unattractive. Secondly, his character is so full of himself :yuk. I know the character is suppose to be like that but still I can't handle his ego. And the character is also kind of stupid :ninja:

Oh and these sex scenes are too much. Yikes.
Posted via Mobile Device

^ I didn't find a single thing shocking about The Tudors....but each to their own.

Killer Joe - Totally f**ked up with the most unsavoury characters. The scene with Matthew McConaughey and Gina Gershon and a chicken leg must be seen to be believed. Kudos to the 5 principal actors involved and a special mention to a the 21 year old Juno Temple, playing 12 year old 'white trash'.

Glad to come across this thread, so many suggestions!

I'm surprised at how many times Reqiuem Of a Dream has been mentioned, though. The cinematography is undoubtedly very beautiful, but the film itself is way overrated and Hollywood; there are more powerful drug-films out there.

I saw a trailer or short clip from Irréversible a long time ago, and while intrigued, I couldn't stand that piercing sound playing all the way through. I'll give it another try because of this thread.

I recently saw a movie called Attack On Darfur & as the title is pretty straight forward the movie is basically about the ongoing conflict in Darfur. It was a intensely violent movie that doesn't shy away from showing graphic scenes of child/baby murders, genocide, r*pe etc.

That being said you definitely need a strong stomach to watch this film:yuk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Django Unchained was quite disturbing. Tarantino did a great job of lightening it a bit with humor, but there are some seriously disturbing moments in the movie. I covered my eyes a lot and I can usually handle that stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

Perfume: Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind. It's such an engaging, enticing book, but the subject matter...:shock: Whoa. Okay, without giving too much away, it's about this young French orphan who has an acute sense of smell but no scent himself. Thus, he decides to become a perfumier and goes about making for himself a perfume by killing virgins and stealing their scent. If you think the premise is creepy, wait til you get to the climax and conclusion. :lol::shock: The film by Tom Tykwer is not that great, but I still liked it. And on the upside it was this film that first introduced me to the lovely and adorkable Ben Whishaw, which was a plus. :crush:

The Turn of the Screw has already been mentioned. I couldn't even finish the story and it's not even that long. I watched the 2009 (BBC?) film version with Matthew and Mary (also known as Dan Stevens and Michelle Dockery) and I was still sufficiently creeped out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ending of the book Perfume is so surreal!! :shock: But yeah, the movie just couldn't capture in words some of what Suskind wrote. Still, like you, I enjoyed the adaptation anyhow.

I saw the movie Tideland some time ago and it really freaked me out. The whole atmosphere was so surreal and after the movie I felt so weird. Probably can't be compared to most of the movies mentioned here, but still a distressing experience (at least for me). On the other hand I still think it's a good movie.

I used to watch Nip/Tuck back in 2004, I was around 14 at the time and it always made me feel awful, maybe it was the subject matter of plastic surgery and how the characters seemed so sterile and indifferent. Wouldn't recommend it to very sensitive people.

Guys please, it can't get more disturbing than Pasolini's Salò o le 120 giornate di sodoma! It has absolutely everything in it, methods of torture that I can't even explain.

Guys please, it can't get more disturbing than Pasolini's Salò o le 120 giornate di sodoma! It has absolutely everything in it, methods of torture that I can't even explain.
totally agree:rolleyes:, i even wrote a review about it a page back & some people mistook it as me suggesting it:huh: but i was actuality warning against seeing it:hardhead:

Has anyone seen The Snowtown Murders? Just curious about your thoughts on it, if you have. I saw it on Netflix and so I read some reviews, but they kind of freaked me out so I didn't watch the film - wasn't in the mood after reading what people had to say. It sounds sort of like Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer.

I recently watched a Spanish film called Sleep Tight that was fairly unsettling. No gore, very little blood or anything like that but the idea of someone being so violated and not even realizing it disturbed me (as I think, it was intended to).

Pink Flamingos, funny but it took me three days to finish it.
Forbidden Zone:neutral::mellow::ermm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->