Most Irritating Fashion Personality

i dont understand why everyone hates janice dickinson..
i think shes absolutely hilarious!!!:lol:

good/bad

good:
janice dickenson is fantastic and one of the most important models ever. she is also one of the few models that ever found a second successful career after modelling.

bad:
cojo
anna wintour
ALT
zac posen
donatella
amanda lepore
tyra banks
heidi klum
isaac mizrahi
plum sykes
chloe sevigny
kimora lee
joan rivers
sarah jessica parker
molly sims
alessandra ambrosio
cindy crawford
naomi campbell
robert verdi sometimes
hal rubenstein sometimes

Im sure there are more but thats a concise list

Kimora Lee Simmons and Steven Kojocaru.

Hell...pretty much all of Lady Grey's list.

great list, lady grey :lol:

kimora lee, zac posen, molly simms, chloe sevigny, naomi campbell

Karl Lagerfeld... I tried, but after I heard his "back when I was a mortal" comment, I gave up. :yuk:

Spike,have you not seen what Chalayan has been doing now? I think you'd eat perhaps half your words about him...at least he's focusing more clothes these days.

Too many,that irritate me but my top 5 would definitely be:

1. With the exception of Hamish Bowles,I really can't stand anybody at Vogue. Especially Anna Wintour.
2. I suppose this ties with her in a way,as he sucks up to her nonstop....Zac Posen.
3. John Galliano. Sorry but his antics in the form of design,do nothing for me but make me gag.
4. Karl Lagerfeld
5. Tara Subkoff. Pretentious little heathen she is.

misschloe said:
Janice Dickinson
Donatella
Naomi Campbell
+ kimora lee simmons
kar lagerfeld-some may see him as a genius, and I do like most of his stuff-but he's totally screwed up in the head. He actually believes all this crap that he talks about.

lady grey said:
good:
janice dickenson is fantastic and one of the most important models ever. she is also one of the few models that ever found a second successful career after modelling.

What career?

career?

shes had TWO bestselling books.
can you name any other models who wrote best-sellers?

Spike413 said:
And Hussein Chalayen, save your uber-intellectual performance-art-disguised-as-fashion for someplace else........this is fashion, it's not supposed to be deep, fashion is shallow!!!!!
Wow. I never saw this when it was posted a year and a half ago but yikes! Regardless of what you think about Hussein, what a totally shallow and closeminded statement to make. Really scary. For many people fashion isn't just a frivolous and meaningless thing. I appreciate people like Hussein (and Raf and Yohji and Rei and Hedi and Nicolas and...) who consistently bring a new spin on things by incorporating new elements--performance art, anthropology, high theory, street culture--into an otherwise dreary and boring fashion vocabulary.

Spike413 said:
My problem with Chalayen is that he doesn't seem to be in fashion for the fashion, he seems to be in it to indulge in his own "avante garde" ideas about everything. I mean, yeah fashion is art, but I saw a segment on Fashion Television for his f/w 03 show where it was like, a girl jumping on a trampoline that meant something about peoples desire to be part of the divine and this scrolling marquee that was saying god knows what and I just felt like, this isn't fashion, this is someone expressing their ideas about whatever and using fashion as a venue.......I'm sorry, freedom of expression is one thing, but putting a fashion audience in a situation where they don't even understand what your trying to say is quite another.
I'm glad he raises the bar and I'm glad that for every hot pink marabou Heatherette dress there's a conceptual and forward thinking Chalayan dress to balance out the fashion spectrum. There's room for everything. And even if you don't "get" Hussein's politics, the clothes themselves are usually quite beautiful. You can choose whether or not to take that theoretical baggage with you.

I think when it comes to the pretensions, the avant garde - especially when they are being very serious can be just as insufferable as the die-hard plastics. The crazy thing is that fashion can encompass such extreme opposites these days. My view is: it doesn't matter if it's a hard fiberglass avant garde dress or Janice Dickenson purposely flashing her surgefied boob, it's all very odd and amusing - and fascinating.

My vote: anyone without a sense of humour. But then I need these people for my own entertainment!...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->