Isabeli!

Karen Elson!

Linda!

Iselin!

Hilary!

Natasha P!

Liu Wen!

Last edited by a moderator:
gisele is versatile? definitely not in my dictionary. same goes for caroline trentini.

Just because you dislike them does not mean they are not versatile.:rolleyes:

Your dictionary is your dictionary and that is my opinion. :flower: Not right or wrong, just my opinion.

To add to the list of most versatile models :

Vika Falileeva
Kate Moss
Shannan Click ( so underrated too !)

i also dont think gisele is versatile. but its not her fault, its just that she looks always the same style of hair and make-up since 1994

Just because you dislike them does not mean they are not versatile.:rolleyes:

Your dictionary is your dictionary and that is my opinion. :flower: Not right or wrong, just my opinion.

To add to the list of most versatile models :

Vika Falileeva
Kate Moss
Shannan Click ( so underrated too !)

just bc i dont think giselle is versatile that doesnt mean i dont like her. i find giselle to be an extremely sexy model.

models like daria and raquel have been in the industry for years and they have done millions of eds and that must have proven the point that they are versatile models. editors love them, photographers love them. giselle on the other hand is not a great editorial girl. she is good but not great.

the synonym of versatile models is Linda - there's no doubt..but very close to her is Raquel..i dont understand why some of you guys put your favorite model in terms of "versatile" if she doesnt versatile??-its childish...i mean,my favorite model is snejana, but i know shes not versatile, come on ppl,you need to rethink before you say somethink stupid or absurd.. -.-''
Posted via Mobile Device

the synonym of versatile models is Linda - there's no doubt..but very close to her is Raquel..i dont understand why some of you guys put your favorite model in terms of "versatile" if she doesnt versatile??-its childish...i mean,my favorite model is snejana, but i know shes not versatile, come on ppl,you need to rethink before you say somethink stupid or absurd.. -.-''
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah. Maybe people should post some pictures (like Joan on the second page) that are exemplary for the variability of the particular model.

Five or six pictures of the model with totally different looks.

Alright, I GET IT!!!! You guys don't find Joan to be versatile!!! :rolleyes: I didn't just say it because she is one of my favorite models, but because in my opinion, she is actually versatile. She managed to rock all those campaigns I posted, and I think she looks vastly different in all of them. I am aware that she isn't anywhere near the level of Raquel or Linda, but as far as younger models are concerned, she is one of the most versatile to me. Lord, this isn't some type of propaganda tactic to get you guys on team Joan. The thread is called "Most Versatile Models", and I posted someone who I thought filled that quota. You don't have to say my opinion is "stupid or absurd".

Raquel is the ultimate versatile model of this working generation of models. There's a reason why Vi had her on the cover with just the text "Versatile."... Daria is good too but not as good as Raquel.

The old school girls are all very versatile model; Linda, Christy, Naomi, Claudia

Joan is indeed a versatile model but she can still use some work. The girl can do strong and dark to sexy to girl next door. People who are saying she isn't just don't want to admit that she is...

Natasha can be many thing but versatile is not one of them. Her face 75% of the times have the same expression, wish is not bad but shes just not versatile

I wouldn't necessarily say the same expression, just the fact that you can still tell it's her. But isn't that the whole point of a model that can be versatile these days? That you can still take into acount that it is her??

And if you want proof of her versatility, I believe this editorial in her recent Vogue Spain guest editor/dedicated issue defines versatility in itself..

Also all of the campaigns she did this season are so different from each other in terms of name and aesthetic and I think she slayed each and every one of them. They all looked amazing.. And I am a Natasha fan but I also notice that some people always try and knock her no matter what it is..

Arizona Muse is the new Freja Beha of versatility..

Joan is indeed a versatile model but she can still use some work. The girl can do strong and dark to sexy to girl next door. People who are saying she isn't just don't want to admit that she is...
TRUE. If anyone doubt about it compare the Chanel ads with this:
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010060021U13268925441499594

And not only that, there some other things to compare wich demonstrate Joan's versatility:D

I wouldn't necessarily say the same expression, just the fact that you can still tell it's her. But isn't that the whole point of a model that can be versatile these days? That you can still take into acount that it is her??

And if you want proof of her versatility, I believe this editorial in her recent Vogue Spain guest editor/dedicated issue defines versatility in itself..

Also all of the campaigns she did this season are so different from each other in terms of name and aesthetic and I think she slayed each and every one of them. They all looked amazing.. And I am a Natasha fan but I also notice that some people always try and knock her no matter what it is..

She basicly has the same expression in all of that editorial photos.
i really like natasha but shes not versatile, people book her because they know what they will get. And people book girls like Raquel simply because they dont know what they will get.

And no, being versatile its not the fact that you can tell its her. its the fact you can change in every single work you do.

Agree that the 90s models were very versatile (IMO the most versatile models ever). They did it all and succeeded in all areas. Runway,Covergirls,Editorial,Selling Couture,Selling Pepsi,Selling Beauty etc...Versatility to me goes beyond just how someone photographs in editorial...

I think Gisele used to be versatile. Her work since about 2005 has become very stagnant, because she is mostly hired as "Gisele the person/women/celeb", not "Gisele the model", so not all her fault imo. Her early works and the fact that she's conquered all aspects of modeling I think says a little something.

I think Karlie is growing into her versatility. She isn't all the way there yet, but in two years she will be able to do anything, imo.

She basicly has the same expression in all of that editorial photos.
i really like natasha but shes not versatile, people book her because they know what they will get. And people book girls like Raquel simply because they dont know what they will get.
And no, being versatile its not the fact that you can tell its her. its the fact you can change in every single work you do.

did u really said this :lol:
i cant imagen some one hiring a model because they do not know what they will get. LMFAO c'mon now :lol:

Linda
Raquel

They're the 2 most versatile models I can think of, if versatile is defined as a sort of chameleon quality.

If it's instead defined as an ability for a model to do both mass-market commercial endeavors and also blue chip high fashion campaigns/editorials/covers, then I think perhaps it's different. Then, there are many more. Obviously all the famous supermodels from the 90s; Linda, Christy, Naomi, Cindy, Claudia, Eva, Stephanie, Helena, Kate.

Then since 2000, I think there's really only Gisele and Karolina that fit that particular definition - but then there's Daria, Natalia and Lara, who are the most important fashion models of the past decade and all quite versatile. some of the new girls like Karlie and Joan have the potential to be like this kind of model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->