Mouret no show f.w. 06.07 *what's next?

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
Mouret wont show for f.w.06.07.. which is so sad, much more since he's at the height of his career as for the Ungaro rumour.. that could be a great post for him

MOURET'S LOW PROFILE: Roland Mouret is bidding a quiet farewell to the fashion world — at least for now. Mouret will not be staging a catwalk show during New York Fashion Week, a spokesman for the designer told WWD. "Instead, he'll be conducting one-on-one appointments both for key press and buyers. The collection will be in New York for appointments starting on Feb. 6," he added. The spokesman declined further comment on the company's decision. The fall 2006 collection will be Mouret's last for the London-based company he built with backers Andre and Sharai Meyers. Mouret has been showing in New York since 2003, and the U.S. is currently his fastest-growing market. Sales in the region now account for nearly 40 percent of the company's global turnover. In October, Mouret and the Meyers announced they were parting ways due to differences of managerial opinion. Mouret has so far declined to comment on his plans, although industry sources say he has talked with a number of fashion houses, among them Emanuel Ungaro.

from wwd of today

please say he decides to go with ungaro, darre is making me sick!!!

how tragic is this, hopefully there will be soem good news for him sooner than later

horrible isn't it.. i so stand by him in spirit, i hope buyers give him a hand with his new collection

it's terribly sad. gorgeous clothes. all the top girls.

[sarcasm]but hey, at least we still have sweetface[/sarcasm]

i never understood the hype around his collections..but

i think he can do wondes for ungaro :flower:

i can see him designing for ungaro before i can see him designing for chloe...

thanks for this, lena...:flower:

Well, there goes one of my favorite shows during New York fashion week.

What are the other fashion houses he is talking to? I dont see him at Ungaro, personally

His collection always brought such class to NY fashion week. So sophisticated.

Thanks for bringing this in Lena,

his dresses have been getting an unbelievable amount of press lately...and rightly so, they look superb imo, this is sad to hear.

mizenkay said:
it's terribly sad. gorgeous clothes. all the top girls.

[sarcasm]but hey, at least we still have sweetface[/sarcasm]

Shudder at the thought! :( :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lena said:
horrible isn't it.. i so stand by him in spirit, i hope buyers give him a hand with his new collection

i will see him for my london appointment and will def buy into his new collection:heart:

way to go..
i know you sell him well leyla, he's so talented (and wearable) :wink:

I'm disappointed... I might've been half the fan otherwise, but still, his collections looked so good presented alongside so many of my lesser favorites. :ninja: :P New York fashion week, gone from Mouret to worse I'd say...

The one show I am looking forward to in NYC... this really is sad... I always love the clothes and in his show the models always look so good somehow, I really like dthat. I SO hope he will do Ungaro... I'm confident he can give it the boost that Tisci gave Givenchy....

true MrDale, he could be totally amazing at Ungaro :heart:
and he could actually turn to a 'new tisci'

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->