Movie Challenge 2014

heelscatchfire

Reaction score
To coincide with the book challenge, we have the movie challenge for the film buffs! Share your lists and post recommendations!

If you wish to check out the previous year's challenges, here they are:
Movie Challenge 2012

Movie Challenge 2013

In 2013, I watched over 200 movies, I doubt I will get that much in this year. I'm going for 100, I really want a decent amount to be documentaries or foreign films.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll go for 100 movies this year too, should be easy enough to achieve :smile:

I usually see 1-2 movies per day so I already lost count on the number of movies I've seen in 2013 (it was a great year film-wise)... but movies I wish to see (as soon as possible) in 2014. are:

Dallas Buyers Club
Transcendence
Only Lovers Left Alive
Some Velvet Morning
Jeune & Jolie (Young & Beautiful)
Doubt
Blue Jasmine
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
The Wolf of the Wall Street
American Hustle
Beyond the Hills
Eden
The Monk
The East
Fill the Void
Diana
Šuti
Luv
Her
Short Term 12
Young Ones
A Most Wanted Man
Little Accidents
Laggies
I Origins
12 Years a Slave
The Butler
Nebraska
3096 Tage
50 Shades of Grey
Winter's Tale
Nymphomaniac
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Belle
Maleficent
The Equalizer
The Book of Life
Exodus
Annie
Into the Woods

I'm in! I haven't been able to see a 100 movies in 2013 but this time I will! I susbscribed to a great french website called Sens Critique when you can make lists and critics on music, books and movies and my movie wishlist is quite long so I think I'll start with that! Happy new year btw :smile:

What???? How is that possible? :shock:

what do you mean how's that possible? :D when you have constantly (I try to be up to date with new movies as well) over 100 movies that you haven't seen, it's a hard task but do-able :D I'm kidding... but yeah, I guess I just have enough free time... I always see a movie before going to bed + if I got extra time 1 more during the day. I love seeing movies.

what do you mean how's that possible? :D when you have constantly (I try to be up to date with new movies as well) over 100 movies that you haven't seen, it's a hard task but do-able :D I'm kidding... but yeah, I guess I just have enough free time... I always see a movie before going to bed + if I got extra time 1 more during the day. I love seeing movies.

I think it's possible as I don't watch television and aside from being on the fashion spot, I don't really use the internet that much, aside from watching films. A film is only normally around 1.30mins to 2.00 hour's, so I think there is enough time like you said in the evening to watch a film. But because I watch a film nearly everyday, i find it unusual not to watch something as I am so used to watching film's on a regular basis.

exactly... I don't watch tv at all as well, and like you said, if a movie lasts around 1.30 mins I'm totally up for another one, if it's a 3hour long movie then I try to watch the first half one day and the next half the next day.

now some people don't know what to see, I'm always going through various movies lists/suggestions to get ideas so I make my own list of movies I'd wish to see, otherwise I would forget half of them.

I was very close to 100 in 2013 :< hope I'll make it this time!

I'm game for another year of watching films, it's a bit mind boggling though that this will be my third year of keeping track of what films I watch on tfs! I didn't technically make it to 100 films last year because I didn't count my re-watches but that's alright, some years are better then others, eh?

One goal I have for this year is to watch more films by female directors, I love following the film industry but at the same time when I look at how many female directed films I've seen, it doesn't even come close to the number of films directed by men. To me it's really important that women and men have equal representation in film and this little challenge is my way of becoming more aware of all these wonderful female directors! I've started making a list of films that I want to see and I'm hoping to tackle almost all of them. It would be awesome if half of my list was directed by women but who knows, we shall see! ^_^

to kickstart the year:

001 Clear History
002 American Hustle
003 About Time

I also decided to give a movie 15 minutes, if I´m not hooked by that time I don´t bother to continue watching. Lots of good movies to watch to waste time in mediocre ones...

Last year I watched 70 films, I'm sure I can top that number this year :smile: Plus, I spent a lot of time watching tv shows in 2013!

1. The Namesake (2006)

Every year I make a "to watch" list of the movies I most want to see, and my list from 2013 still has 61 films left over :shock:. So I'm going to try and watch those asap.. those already account for an embarrassingly high percentage of the 100 challenge :lol:

i'm hoping for 100 movies this year too.

there are so many movies I wanna watch, I just need to find the time lol

Last year I saw circa 170 movies, which is not that bad, but since I'm a big movie lover and have so many movies I want to see, I'm hoping that this year the number will be doubled. Also, I'm finishing collage so I will definitely have some more free time.

1. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)

THE CRITERION COLLECTION is my favourite place to browse for films and one I can recommend highly for anyone interested in important classic and contemporary films.
The Criterion Collection, a continuing series of important classic and contemporary films,
has been dedicated to gathering the greatest films from around the world and publishing
them in editions that offer the highest technical quality and award-winning, original supplements.
[...]​
The foundation of the collection is the work of such masters of cinema as: Renoir, Godard,
Kurosawa, Cocteau, Fellini, Bergman, Tarkovsky, Hitchcock, Fuller, Lean, Kubrick, Lang,
Sturges, Dreyer, Eisenstein, Ozu, Sirk, Buñuel, Powell and Pressburger. Each film is presented
uncut, in its original aspect ratio, as its maker intended it to be seen.

01: The Invasion
02: Kung Fu Panda

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->