Mr Prada scolds Italian Fashion and Kate Moss

gius said:
what does he mean by Japan has a 'mature market'? does he mean the age of consumers or that the fashion scene is already very developed there?

i think he meant that Japan is not an easy market to get into. Seeing as they are loyal to the major luxury brands like LV, Dior and CHanle. Not to mention, those 3 brands has got as foothold on Japan. Any smaller luxury brand/brand will have trouble settling there.

<Off topic>
Did you notice how bootlicking kaiser Karla is with Anna Wintour? And those scarves with her face printed on it, how ridiculous, I wonder who will buy it!
+ I absolutely loved the "haut le sac! haut!" with a reference to Bryanboy and BlueCosmic!
</Off topic>

belletrist said:
<Off topic>
Did you notice how bootlicking kaiser Karla is with Anna Wintour? And those scarves with her face printed on it, how ridiculous, I wonder who will buy it!
+ I absolutely loved the "haut le sac! haut!" with a reference to Bryanboy and BlueCosmic!
</Off topic>

Kaiser Karla:rofl:

happyguy said:
i think he meant that Japan is not an easy market to get into. Seeing as they are loyal to the major luxury brands like LV, Dior and CHanle. Not to mention, those 3 brands has got as foothold on Japan. Any smaller luxury brand/brand will have trouble settling there.

sorry that's not entirely true. Japan is such a huge market, every designer can become succesful there. I mean the people in Japan are just buying a lot, so there's a lot of demand.

By mature or developed, he means almost designer/label has plenty of stores in Japan. There are no big opportunities any more..It's not really a growing market anymore, like China.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ agreed.. that's exactly what mature means

personally i love how europeans are not obsessed with work-work-work
there are other things in life worth our time, we are not robots
work is fine but relaxing and having a good time is also essential to bring some quality in our life..

we are not robots :P

Totally agree...
I respect people who enjoy life! what is the point then?

It is just clothes! I mean, how much anticipated can it be??? next thing I'm hearing is that he wants to show the clothes with 2 years of anticipation! come on! it is just competition...all the CEO's all they want is how to raise much money, they don't care about consumers or the craftmanships of clothes, they just want to be the number one in sales...
such a boring discussion...
And please..leave Kate alone, she is inspiring, and an icon...without her or other models, and characters that the industry has...the fashion scene would be awful, and no one would care...

thanks for the replies, guys. that makes a lot of sense
and i agree with the idea of having vacation :P you don't want to end up over-worked and crazy
i guess he can sound a bit too capitalist, nothing but money on the mind (does he need more money? maybe no)

Last edited by a moderator:
Blanche DuBois said:
And please..leave Kate alone, she is inspiring, and an icon...without her or other models, and characters that the industry has...the fashion scene would be awful, and no one would care...

couldn't agree more!

I'm sorry but moving the dates of the shows is absurd,even for him to say. Seems he wants the entire Italian system to revolve around Prada and Prada Group. Notice how he mentions Prada as if it's the only good thing Milano has going.... :rolleyes: He is so disgusting.

^ I agree on that point...like the whole fashion world should follow Prada :ninja:

^ I think practically anyone would agree that he is... arrogant?

Scott said:
I'm sorry but moving the dates of the shows is absurd,even for him to say. Seems he wants the entire Italian system to revolve around Prada and Prada Group. Notice how he mentions Prada as if it's the only good thing Milano has going.... :rolleyes: He is so disgusting.

exactly the way i read into the article, Scott. So arrongant of him:yuk:
and i also agree with Lena, America and Europe have had a different approach to work historically. Personally, i too, like the idea that Europeans are less fast-paced and more leisurely.
just let things be...*sigh*

I kinda agree about Kate. I don't care if she's an icon and amazing model......she's not the best person for people to be looking up to. She gets old.

what i think is funny is that IMO Prada probably had their worst show ever this season whereas some others (except Dolce & Gabbana) seem to be improving.
Milano is different, there's going to be good and bad that comes from that. Asia works harder and longer than Europe, but is that a bad thing? Europe is the trend setter, Asia follows. I'm not bashing Asia, b/c I worship Zara and admire their work ethic, but it's just that these countries seem to have different roles. They could be changed, that's fine, but not everyone has to be like everyone else. If Italy tries to do what Asia is good at, they're going to have to compromise what Italy is good at.
As for Kate Moss, I love Kate, I think she's gorgeous, but she is a bit overexposed.

Did any of you notice that it wasn't Bertellt who said anything about Kate Moss? I guess he said enough silly things though...

you know,as far as his comments about kate moss is concerned,it's a bit ironic,if you ask me. I feel that arrogant,product pushing conglomerates,trying to suck up all the talent in the world is a negative influence on young and future designers.

I guess I can agree with his bit about Kate Moss in that she isn't the best influence for young people, but that wasn't the point of the award.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->