Mr Prada scolds Italian Fashion and Kate Moss

Im really intrigued by the idea of retailers wanting spring/summer deliveries in November, does anyone have any knowledge about buying and stores and all that jazz? I would find that hard to believe that consumers would want to begin buying clothing for the next season then, though I understand the power of the dollar during the last two months of the year. But November? I thought the fall collections were shipped in a staggered way in order to make sure there were new selections in every few weeks or so...

^ well I think this is the main point: the earlier retailers receive the spring/summer collections, the longer they have to sell it.

he sounds bitter

milan fashion is just going down...i doubt moving the dates earlier can let the designers create better clothes

Zazie said:
Patrizio, just shut up already. One other thing he forgot to mention, predatory big fashion companies that eat up smaller talents for lunch and then spit out their bones.

I have a feeling that trend may be over :D

birdofparadise said:
Im really intrigued by the idea of retailers wanting spring/summer deliveries in November, does anyone have any knowledge about buying and stores and all that jazz? I would find that hard to believe that consumers would want to begin buying clothing for the next season then, though I understand the power of the dollar during the last two months of the year. But November? I thought the fall collections were shipped in a staggered way in order to make sure there were new selections in every few weeks or so...

I think what that means is, in time for Christmas. With resort getting bigger, though, I wonder if this is really necessary ... :huh:

I guess even though the Italian fashion is missing the creativity that other cities seem to provide much better, its undeniable that a lot of the big money is still being made in Italy.

Even though it has to do mostly with the big leather goods companies that eventually turned towards ready to wear (gucci, prada, bottega veneta, ferragamo, pollini and a couple more come from that origin), theres also companies such as gibo or aeffe that are distributing and producing international heavyweights, such as viktor & rolf, marc jacobs, john galliano, narciso rodriguez, hussein chalayan, michael kors, antonio berardi and many more... they are all being sold from Italy and many of them are starting to provide pre-deliveries because of retailers demand.

its indeed the case that mostly the americans and japanese are always trying to get the merchandise in at their soonest chance. I personally find that a little irretating to keep in mind that pre-spring is almost ready to be shipped to some shops, for us in continental europe, it actually just turned cold enough so that you could consider covering yourself up with a warm wintercoat.

I wont blame Bertelli for wanting to change the showdates to July because thats what a lot of companies would be doing if they had the opportunity, he simply is the one that is speaking it out loud.

^ i know!!!!
i guess if you live in italy, you don't need to worry about weather much b/c their weather is divine, but elsewhere, we don't have it so nice (says the girl from california...)
can't we wear fall and winter clothes in WINTER? please???

BaroqueRockstar said:
^ i know!!!!
i guess if you live in italy, you don't need to worry about weather much b/c their weather is divine, but elsewhere, we don't have it so nice (says the girl from california...)

I hear ya sista!! (Says the boy from california too!!)

BaroqueRockstar said:
^ i know!!!!

I used to think Italy never got cold, but actually it's bloody cold during winter... I used to live in Milan, and of course the winter was fairly short but it was very, very cold...

And yes, the retail seasons should follow the actual seasons a little bit more... It's annoying when you can't find summer/winter clothes at the height of the seasons...!

There is too much sex in Italian fashion and I am still amazed at collections that look like they haven't changed since the 80s. Thus, Milan is probably my least favorite fashion week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->